THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm interested as well. It's close enough to my Harley for a chicken to ride:p:p

I will post on this thread or start another when all the MODs are complete. I want to make sure it works as well as it looks. I'm still working on getting it to fit under a kettle lid. Not sure if it will now. I can just make it lower.

Turkey, I feel like someone must have already mentioned this to you, but... You should be using something other than Coors Light for your template/prototyping. CL cans are taller and narrower than standard cans.

I think its not so much a problem about the size of the can but rather the fact that Turkey drinks Coors Light :rolleyes:

Yeah, I grabbed what I had in the fridge at the time. My wife and I take turns deciding the beer we get at the distributor. When she picks, its more often than not Coors lite. When I get my choice... I get Yuengling Lager (if she isnt drinking also) or Miller Light if she is. (Poor man's decent beer mod)

Those are great!

This prototype was put together quickly to make Al's deadline for his catering. It ended up getting delayed in customs anyway.. If I had more time, I would have tested it myself and refined everything. I had no idea this would be so popular. Al came to me with another product he had seen in another thread and asked me to make something. I looked at the other design and thought it looked like a tricycle. I wanted something really cool. The base was designed to act as a heat diffuser for people with gassers.. I gave Al his logo a spot on the seat back and kept it low to keep the chopper look when also not in use.

When Al and I work out all the details and he gets a revised model, I will start making these. I think we got a winning design!

here is an idea... get a welder to get your a section of either alum or ss pipe the diameter of the hole, weld a cap on and you will have a reusable can!

I tested all three cans (height) in there now I have some idea of what size is best. My guy dosen't have the equipment to properly do stainless or alloy but I can have a look and see what we find around town.

6ztzwj.jpg

kinda funny this was re-posted in another thread as I've been getting some renewed interest in this thing! I will have to get a a new prototype made with all the MODS. I kinda set this on the back burner and forgot about it!

kinda funny this was re-posted in another thread as I've been getting some renewed interest in this thing! I will have to get a a new prototype made with all the MODS. I kinda set this on the back burner and forgot about it!
Do you still have the list of mods I sent you? I may have a copy in my out box if need be.

that chicken on the bike is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, it brought tears to my eys. what did you cut the ss with a water jet or wire burn?

Do you still have the list of mods I sent you? I may have a copy in my out box if need be.

Yes I do. I'm going to make it sit lower to work on a kettle too. I have a few things to finish here and I've got grates flying out of here like mad! I'll get something before may is out. Maybe take a few to Brians ribfest.

Back