Does anyone sauce their brisket?

Just like so many things BBQ, it comes down to personal preference, which makes BBQ so much fun. You can cook the same piece of meat different ways and have it come out great.
I prefer to try stuff all different ways. Many times they are all great.

However, that said.... I don't sauce my brisket until the next day when I am making a sandwich. My wife, will chop up her freshly cooked brisket and mix it with sauce. Her choice!

You can't be concerned about fry flavor when you've stated what is bold above. You've already agreed that they are used for ketchup ingestion.

That being said, your certainly welcome to your opinion, but people eat sauce and they eat it on brisket. AND, they do it in Texas.

They whole "no sauce in Texas" thing wears me out. I serve sauce with my beef, on the side. And I have nothing to hide, trust me.

Lmao, indeed man. Everybody I know in this wondrous state is obsessed with sauce. They drown everything in it. They'll lie about it too, and that's when it's really funny.

Lmao, indeed man. Everybody I know in this wondrous state is obsessed with sauce. They drown everything in it. They'll lie about it too, and that's when it's really funny.
You don't know me! If you did you would know I am a tuff love tell it like it is shoot from the hip person. Do I have a sauce that compliments brisket??? Yes, I keep it for guests if they ask, most don't. Do I use it? No!! I used to work in Huston I never found good BBQ there so Yeah that's why all the folks you know drown it in Sauce. Have a nice day:biggrin1:

You don't know me! If you did you would know I am a tuff love tell it like it is shoot from the hip person. Do I have a sauce that compliments brisket??? Yes, I keep it for guests if they ask, most don't. Do I use it? No!! I used to work in Huston I never found good BBQ there so Yeah that's why all the folks you know drown it in Sauce. Have a nice day:biggrin1:

I didn't reckon I knew you outside of this site. I'm not much of a fan of sauce for brisket I make by itself, but I'll use sauce on a sandwich with brisket on it gladly. I'll use sauce on a bunch of my friends briskets though.
I don't eat out at restaurants really, so I can't speak much about good BBQ in Houston. Most of my friends don't live in Houston though, they all live in Jonesboro! So I guess Jonesboro just sucks BIG TIME! Oooh, did your face melt off from the sick burn?! Lmao, stay smoky man.

I like just au jus when first coming out of the smoker. I have found that the left overs tend to be a bit dryer and more in need of a sauce.

I like just au jus when first coming out of the smoker. I have found that the left overs tend to be a bit dryer and more in need of a sauce.
Your brisket will stay moist if you only carve as needed and will retain it's "Fresh off the pit" goodness, once carved it looses moisture. Once the sliced brisket is refrigerated it shrinks(or tightens if you will) forcing out the moisture and gets drier.

I used to be in the no sauce needed if its cooked right period camp. For the most part I still am, but I have found that when making a sandwich with the fattier richer point meat that a light drizzling of a tangy spicy vinegar/tomato/molasses sauce helps cut the fattiness. And thus pairs well with it.

Back