Discussion Thread -> "Let's See Your Best Grillshots!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread)

I haven't entered a TD in so long.
So long that I spontaneously entered without realising there was a time component to the entry shots in this comp as well.
That doesn't make sense but rules are rules.
Please dilly bar my entry, my apologies people, my grill shot pic was NOT taken after the date of the comp.
Sorry

I haven't entered a TD in so long.
So long that I spontaneously entered without realising there was a time component to the entry shots in this comp as well.
That doesn't make sense but rules are rules.
Please dilly bar my entry, my apologies people, my grill shot pic was NOT taken after the date of the comp.
Sorry

Buccs, thanks for having the integrity to point that out. Nonetheless, it was a stunning photo!

You still have time to submit an entry on this one...:thumb:

Can I change my entry to a different cook?

If I understand your question correctly, yes:

9. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderators decision is final. You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one). You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderators will choose for you and that decision will be final. If the moderator did not choose the photo/entry you explicitly specified, please send the moderators a PM and we will do our best to correct the issue.

If I understand your question correctly, yes:

9. Only one picture from your entry can be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise the moderator will choose and the moderators decision is final. You are allowed to enter more than once but only one of your entries can be used in the voting thread (for example if you want to enter a second dish that will replace your first one). You must CLEARLY state which entry is the one you want to go to the vote thread. Otherwise the moderators will choose for you and that decision will be final. If the moderator did not choose the photo/entry you explicitly specified, please send the moderators a PM and we will do our best to correct the issue.
Yea, I'm considering changing the cook altogether. Thanks

NOT AN ENTRY

Ok I'm "officially" replacing my TD entry w/ this Octoforks™ spit rod chicken thighs. They weren't quite done yet in this pic but this is what I have to use.

Cook thread is here: I grilled quarters right above the roti thighs.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231982

Last edited by a moderator:
Buccs, thanks for having the integrity to point that out. Nonetheless, it was a stunning photo!

You still have time to submit an entry on this one...:thumb:

Are you kidding me?
It's so rare that I take a pic that could compete with a professional photographer, let alone the masterful BBQers who compete. When I saw the "your best grill shot" comp I just thought "well, Ive got a good here somewhere" without thinking about the time thing.
Take me years to get another quality snap.
BTW, can't find the date info, in case anyone else is trying to plan an entrant cook

Are you kidding me?
It's so rare that I take a pic that could compete with a professional photographer, let alone the masterful BBQers who compete. When I saw the "your best grill shot" comp I just thought "well, Ive got a good here somewhere" without thinking about the time thing.
Take me years to get another quality snap.
BTW, can't find the date info, in case anyone else is trying to plan an entrant cook

Here you go, Buccs. Its in the first post of the thread -

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/10/16 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 6/20/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 6/20/16

I use my cheap old camera. I'm not going to dress up the main TD food with extra's on the plate, nor am I going to set up lighting to get the photo to look the magazine quality. If winning was based on award winning dressed up photo's, there is no sense in even entering a TD. JMO. This is supposed to be "fun" right?

My Official TD Entry

NOT AN ENTRY

Please accept this as my entry...

I always save every little scrap leftover from cutting down spares into SLC racks. So I had a bag of "rib flaps" saved up and decided to use my mighty little pig cooker to grill up a snack or two...

0O6UYUUh.jpg

Please use the following shot of my grill as my grillshot for this TD:

Pork Rib Flappers on a Real PIG Grill
UcFasphh.jpg

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

NOT AN ENTRY

I'll have a go at this one too. Hopefully a cook thread isn't required.Just remembered to snap a pic near the end.

Cheddar Jalapeno Brats from the Brat Stop...

IMG_20160617_193829.jpg

The Brat Stop has some quality sausage. If you are ever a little more northwest of there you need to stop at Karl's Country Market in Menomonee Falls. Tough to beat any of their meats from brats to steaks and summer sausage. I had their cheddar/jalapenos last night.

Official Entry: Grillshot Throwdown.

Howdy Brethren,
It's been awhile since I entered a throwdown and saw that what I was smoking today fit the category.

Top shelf. 3 racks of Beef Ribs, (or Silverfinger Steaks). :wink:
From left to right: bottom shelf. L Brisket, M 2 Pork Butts, R Beef Ribs.

Thanks for looking!
image_zpsw1egtyym.jpeg

Back