Discuss your equipment here!

I have a serious rag tag little army
I started with an ECB (late 80s)
Got an egg and broke it.
Got a Kettle in the early 90s and have had one since.

Got a small Hasty Bake about 6 years ago (my mom bought it cause it "looked good" on their porch. Gave it to me!). First I hated it, now I love it-think 700 dollar UDS.

WSM and an OLD Brinkman Smoke n pit bought this summer. I need a new Kettle, my present one is so out of round the top keeps popping off.

Ever see Toy Story? My gear looks like the toys in Sid's room!

Mine is in my sig, but now i have another UDS in the works. Now out of 3 houses in our coldesac and 1 on the corner, we have 3 eggs in the neighborhood and 1 Good One. That made my mind up to get a Spicewine just dont know what size. The large is such a bargain for the size and price over the medium, but I dont need 1 that big. But do we really need any of these things?

Mine is in my sig, but now i have another UDS in the works. Now out of 3 houses in our coldesac and 1 on the corner, we have 3 eggs in the neighborhood and 1 Good One. That made my mind up to get a Spicewine just dont know what size. The large is such a bargain for the size and price over the medium, but I dont need 1 that big. But do we really need any of these things?

I say go large. You will regret it later if you don't.

My Sunbeam model 340 gasser was my first grill. My mother-in-law bought it for my wife and I not long after we got married. Sunbeam no longer makes grills. I have one burner still in the box as a replacement. When that burner gives out, I'll convert the thing into a charcoal grill somehow. I will replace it with a Weber when I need to by a new gasser.

Last year just after Christmas I bought my large BGE. I haven't scratched the surface of cooking with it yet, but I mainly use it for my low and slow stuff. If it were stolen or damaged, I don't know if I would replace it or not. I am more often than not cooking with my Weber OTG.

I bought my Weber OTG from Craig's List used, and I would be lost without this thing. I will always have one or more of these around.

I recently bought the Smokey Joe Platinum. I sort of wished that I had applied the money to one of the Weber Q models for use as a portable grill, but I will get good use out of it.

Hogs everywhere!!!!

3hogs.JPG

Hey Ed? What's that between the pig's legs? Wrong type of equipment :shock: :-D

Like most of the gang, my BBQ list is in my signature. I still own my very first grill, a 22.5 inch Weber Kettle that is now faded gray, has a broken handle, a dent in the lid and one wheel falls off. I call her "Lucky" :rolleyes: Retired equipment includes a Meco Water Smoker that was a wedding gift. I gave it to my BIL when I bought my first WSM. I also had a Dukane gas grill that was retired when I found a deal on a demo Weber Genesis Gold B that I couldn't pass up.

I am looking hard at a Spicewine Large with the extra "brethren" shelf. It has more cooking area than the Stumps Platinum 3 or 4 for $1000 less. I wish I could afford it on a trailer...

I hope Jay doesn't raise his prices after reading this! :lol:

For some reason, I don't see my aluminum foil baffle mod listed in my original post. My Bandera has a baffle mod done to it... Oh, and sure, the missing axle nut "mod" did make it. Great...

The Family

Just a pic of my little Family:
the_family.jpg
As my sig, Rednecked Ugly Drum and Weber Schlong Tube in the Backyard

No pics yet, but a digital camera is in the works. Anyway I have a STUMPS SW223. This is the vertical w/ an offset firebox. This is a non-insulated and no gravity fed model. It is basically a stick burner but uses the factory charcoal basket as well. Very versatile. I believe he only made 9 of these units. It has 5 shelves 20x20. Its one hell of a smoker. Took awhile to get use to from my horizontal offset but...this guy is easy to move around, has Pneumatic tires. Tons of space.

I've got a Stumps GF 223 that I bought about 2 years ago, chargriller on the deck for grillin, a grand hall 8 burner gas event grill (used as a stove mostly) on the 6x12 trailer. The trailer also has tables mounted on it for prep and serving.

Currently considering a trailered setup with a Stumps Platinum 5, Stumps Tailgater Grill/Smoker, built-in meat cooler, dual gas burner and large enclosed storage box for all of the misc. equipment and EZ UP.

Ron,
It's a hammer. I was working on the Harley on the left. You know, you gotta pund on them a little to keep them running!!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back