THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really great job for a first contest.

What you didn't post was your T/T scores and that's where you tanked. Those appearance scores are ok, but they're not pulling you down.

Look at those and see how many points you lost there. Too many times, new teams focus on appearance, but it's Taste/Tenderness that wins you money. Appearance does matter, but focus on those two now, the appearance will come.

Really great job for a first contest.

What you didn't post was your T/T scores and that's where you tanked. Those appearance scores are ok, but they're not pulling you down.

Look at those and see how many points you lost there. Too many times, new teams focus on appearance, but it's Taste/Tenderness that wins you money. Appearance does matter, but focus on those two now, the appearance will come.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm with ya SmokinOkie! I'm still waiting for the admins to apply the taste plugin to the website :crazy::becky: . We were so crushed after this defeat, I wanted to at least get some confirmation on the look of our boxes and everyone's been great with their feedback and I feel a lot better. Unfortunately, that's the easiest stuff to get help with here.

I just sent my partner a huge email today about everything I think that went wrong in T/T (plus appearance...with everyone's help here) and that's what we'll be working on between now and next months comp.

Back