Dickey's BBQ pit?

They have good sweet tea and the free Jalapenos are good beyond That Not so much! The one In Waco lasted all of 6 weeks before they folded like a house of cards in a west Tx wind storm.. there aint any place in Waco that has great "Q" Rudy's is passable and the bad places are still doing business... SO what 's that tell ya.

The free soft serve ice cream was pretty good. They had one in Las Cruces that closed around the holidays. Ate there a few times, but it was real hit and miss.

We have one close to us. The one time we tried it we stopped for take out on the way home. Ordered pulled pork, brisket and a couple of sides. We got home and found that they hadn't given us the brisket and one side. We called hoping they would send us a certificate, the employee that answered kept asking the manager to take the call but he refused and told her to have us drive back and pick up the missing items. Did I mention that this was during a good ol' Minnesota snow storm?

Well, we tried the pulled pork, tasteless mush. The one side they gave us was potato salad. It tasted like the overly sweet kind you get at the grocery store but had the consistency of mashed potatoes. Disgusting!

So we got half of what we paid for and that was pretty much inedible, I recommend you save your money.

I've eaten it mainly in the Dallas airport while transferring. I can tell you it's not the worst BBQ I've ever eaten. :roll: Lately, though, I've been opting for other places when I'm there.

Food was ok - but it wasn't cheap, and the portions were measured and REALLY small for the price.

Had no desire to ever return.

One opened near me. Place next to it was OK but Dickey's closed before we tried them. DANG :p

Hankdad,

Which location was that one? Have tried a couple here in mn and they all about 3-4 out of ten. Of course we had some the last time we were passing through on the way to Austin, tx. It sure wasn't like it was years ago. Like everyone says, it's typically not the pit but the master. That being said, it amazes how a bad of product they are turning out while using a 15-17k smoker. Yikes.

Hankdad,

Which location was that one? Have tried a couple here in mn and they all about 3-4 out of ten. Of course we had some the last time we were passing through on the way to Austin, tx. It sure wasn't like it was years ago. Like everyone says, it's typically not the pit but the master. That being said, it amazes how a bad of product they are turning out while using a 15-17k smoker. Yikes.

That was the Inver Grove Heights store. It seems strange to walk into a restaurant that smells of wood smoke but to have no smoke flavor in the food.

Tolerable. If there are no other options and you're Jonesin for Q, its OK.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk HD

Their headquarters's owned restaurants here in Dallas are decent for restaurant Q. However, their franchises are hit and miss. I think they are selling franchises faster than they can maintain quality control and their reputation is suffering from it.

Food is decent, but nothing special. Sides were awful.

Overall though, my biggest complaint is that they were SOOOO stingy with portions, weighing it to the nearest or under OUNCE like at a damn quiznos.

You should NEVER go to a BBQ place, order a 3 meat combo platter with 2 sides and go home still hungry. Plus, they are not cheap, so as far as dollar per portion size, this is where they absolutely fail.

I am pretty sure that the one by me doesn't even have a smoker. I think that they might have the meat shipped in and they reheat. Not sure, but that is what it looked and smelled like the last time I was there.

They are the IHOP of BBQ.

I think that you could take 5 random Brethren, and they could make a better product.

You are giving IHOP a bad rap. Their food is great compared to the Dickey's I tried here in Austin. It lasted about 5 months or so, but it was right next to the huge Dell complex in Round Rock, so it had a lot of hungry people to sucker into trying it once.

No smoke flavor, sides were really bad, soft drinks were watered down, and no noticeable smoker, or smoke aroma anywhere in or outside the building. I left hungry too, and spent more than I would normally spend for a decent lunch at other places in that area.

They opened one in the city of Torrance a few years ago.
It went out of business within 6 months. Ate there one time.
Never went back.

one near me has closed,eat at one in ind. it was bad .

stick to the rules no chain food, unless you have to.
and Ihop is bad also ,one near me should close

Back