Deep fried comfort food.

I concur with everyone,well done!!! We own that fryer as well as the outdoor fryer and always fry outdoors,but good to see the indoor will produce an awesome product. We use our Butterball as our counter top fryer.Nothing like frying a whole bag of fries or whatever at one time!

I know it's been discussed before but best time to buy a Butterball fryer is right after New Years.Normally Lowes discounts them to like around $24. That's the regular version that is rated for up to a 14-15 lb bird.Got mine brand new for $22 a few yrs ago.And for different marinades check Menards. They carry a pretty decent amount of injectible marinades by Cajun Injector.Watch out for the ones with a heavy sugar content....they made the turkey to dark.Was good but presentation for Thanksgiving was horrible.Good ol creole butter is our favorite!

brickie

I really like deep fried turkey. I've only had them fried the dangerous way. I'm glad to see the "safe" turkey fryers work.

CD

Is that one of them "safe" turkey fryers? Where's the fun in that? It just ain't a fried turkey unless you risk your life and some real estate fryin' it. :heh:

CD :becky:

No kidding! It takes all the fun out of saying "hey y'all, watch this!" :heh:

looks delicious Northwest!

YUM YUM

Now if you can hold off sinking your teeth into that beauty or if it's already gone try the next one, cover it up and place in the oven at around 225ish for around 4 more hours, longer won't hurt, up to 8hrs.

The reason being deep frying does wonders on the surface but to tenderize all the meat down to the bone takes more time. The last time I did it that way with two birds I must have gotten an extra 2 to 3lbs of meat that almost fell off the bone! Give it a try! Nice job!!!!!! :thumb:

P.S. After so many runs in the oil if you think you need to clean it up a bit just quarter some taters, I think anything will work. Put them in the hot oil and when they start to rise just keep an eye on them and it won't be long they'll be done and take a lot of yum yum's out and pot and put them on the taters. Last time I did this my brother ate them all, but he is a big guy?

OK, actually, when you fry a whole bird the pores of the skin and the first layer of meat contract instantly when it hits the hot oil. For the remainder of the cook the meat boils in it's own juices. When you remove it from the oil the bird is done and very juicy. If you put it into an oven for 4-8 more hours I guarantee it will dry it out.

Back