Dayton Ohio area, where are the BBQ stores?

fortydegnorth

Found some matches.
I was born in raised in the Dayton area and I've lived in Kettering for nearly 35 years. I have never seen or heard of a true BBQ store around here. We have Watson's selling grills and BGE's and the typical big box stores, but where can you get your eyes and hands on real equipment? I've also been into homebrewing for a while now too and we have one great supply store but that about sums it up for the area.

Is there a demand for the two? I would love pursuing the idea of a "brew-b-que" type store. Offer homebrewing supplies, cheese and wine making kits, real bbq equipment. I know when I built my UDS it would have been nice to look at other equipment. I've always enjoyed fabricating and often build brew stands and building some custom smokers has peaked my interest too. Instead of just brewing and BBQ supplies I'd like to cater to the equipment side as well.

What do you think? Is there enough demand in the area?

If you want to watch some smokers in action May 5/6 in downtown dayton ohio you will get to see alot of different type smokers used. Do a search here for Pretty Good BBQ which is held at the little Vineyard church in Downtown dayton. This is done with BRETHREN.

Back