Creekstone Baby Backs, worth it?

Blowin' Smoke

Full Fledged Farker
Anyone who has had the Duroc baby backs from Creekstone, are they worth the price? And has anyone had issues with the free shipping in the 2 day area? I’m on the border between 2/3 days for the free shipping so if I had to do the 2 day that would add to the price. Most of the baby backs I’m able to find around me run between $12-15 per slab so it isn’t too much more, just wondering if it’s worth that extra cost. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that pretty much answers my question. So basically forced to do the next day shipping for an extra $40.
Any other recommendations for a bulk pack of baby backs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blowin Smoke,

While I never ordered from Creekstone, and since the recent comments, probably wont , I want to share with you my comparison between regular ribs and "premium" ribs...
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278024

If you think about it, the USDA grades beef, choice / select and prime... Angus is a marketing play... No such grading system for pork... I could literally start selling USA Wagu pork chops tomorrow and no one could stop me except I would feel like an an a-hole...

Don't get me wrong, I'll only buy air chilled chicken, look up the difference... I wan't chlorine in my pool not my food... I'll pay a whopping 20 cent's per pound for the luxury.. Just on a little rant here... sorry to take you along :-D

Thanks,
Greg

Never tried Creekstones baby back ribs, but I am a believer in their St. Louis ribs. I'ave read the previous posters "review", and I 100% disagree on quality. To me it's extremely easy to notice the difference in Heritage breeds vs Smithfield just in the trimming stage. I don't pay double the price of Smithfield, at most maybe 1.5x. But to me it is worth it, not just on quality/taste but how the animals are raised. Smithfield is in the mass production game. They can care less about quality. You can also try somewhere like The Butcher Shoppe and get their Allegiant Duroc ribs for around $3.99/lb I think it was. But be prepared to pay shipping from them.

Creekstone shipping is hit or miss. I'd try the two day and if you have a problem contact them.

On a different note, if you think "Angus" is a ploy, so is the US versions of grading meat. Everything slaughtered young because we need to feed the population. America has been taught to prefer tenderness over beef flavor. I like Prime as well, but give me a non-graded American Wagyu steak over almost any grocery store's Prime everyday of the week.

I get the St. Louis and spare duroc ribs from creekstone and they are quite good. No issues with shipping here and I’m in Virginia. I normally wait for the sales as I feel the regular price is too steep for what they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@Blowin' Smoke you should checkout the Butcher Shoppe here in Pensacola, they ship to comp teams all over the US or if you were travel over this way. They don't have a website but you'll find them on FB or give them a call, they're good people.

I can't speak for the Baby Backs they carry because I prefer and only buy Duroc STL Spares, all the products they carry are excellent.

Back