Craigslist score!!!!!!!!!!!

The woman giving it away is most likey sick of her man's bbqing....or he passed away and she is clueless/does not care. My only hope is when my wife does the same with my equipement that it end up making good food somewhere.

Nice score on the Weber Performer - do something special for your lady to encourage the behaviour in the future. Maybe she can find you more great equipment?

Sorry to reply so late everyone, started a new job and haven't had a lot of computer time.

The story behind the grill: Down the road from here in Statham, GA is the Georgia Club golf course and community (million dollar neighborhood). Gated, side roads are drive-way-less and are patterned brick/mortar, etc. Guy posted it on Craigslist stating that he had just bought an XL BGE and was giving away a 15 to 20 year old Weber Performer. Since I was the first to inquire, it was mine. We literally fought the grill to get it in the back of my Blazer but once it was in there we were home free. My back hatch doesn't open so it was a pretty fun experience; guy giving it away was like "I just gave this redneck my grill?...."

It's up at her house for the time being, we took it up there last week to do some chicken on. So far, I've smoked 2 pork loins on it and smoked some chicken breast, skin on. Can't keep the temp below 325 but still figuring out how to fully use it. I like to put a chunk of firewood in the center of the charcoal grate and put all of my charcoal on the right hand side to use it as a barrier for indirect cooking. Works great...I LOVE the gas assist.

She's definitely a keeper. She was sitting here laughing her ass off reading some of your comments lol. She says I spend too much time on BBQ Brethren.

Back