Craig's List Score: Weber Ranch Kettle

Fanfarkingtastic score Hogfan!!!! Welcome to the club. You are going to love that thing. Make sure you post plenty of pron when you open that thing.:thumb:

Most excellent score my brother. I have the Whalen version of it that's called a King Kettle (also 37.5") and it was fired up 5 times (once per summer at the lake house for a yearly family reunion) by the previous owner and I dickered them from 450 to 300. And you got em to swap?...Nice! I regularly smoke pairs of briskets and butts on mine and it works great for that or for grilling steaks for a couple dozen folks. Big enuff to set up different heat zones when you're grilling. Its my go-to grill no matter how big or small the meal and not near the fuel hog that people think it might be. Enjoy!

LSM, interesting comment that this grill isn't too much of a charcoal hog. I was curious about that.

Hope you opened the box before trading, if not for all you know it might be a box of bricks. Just messin with you. I worked retail for a few years and you should have seen the items people would pack into the original boxes and return them seemingly unopened. Great score. I love it when no money has to come out of pocket.

LSM, interesting comment that this grill isn't too much of a charcoal hog. I was curious about that.

It's the truth! When me and the wife want a couple of steaks or burgers I just fire up 1/3 to 1/2 a starter and we are good to go. Last weekend I smoked a single Prime Brisket. My set up for that is similar to BigMista's ( http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118146 ). Went HnF and started at 280 and then let it ramp up to about 350. 14 pound brisky was probed tender and coolered at the 5.5 hour mark. Started with 15 lbs of Stubbs that I paid 4 dollars for last year and had 25-30% left when done. You can see my cooker in my sig link. Can't wait to see your pron bro. I can't wait to use mine on the 4th. Brats and burgers and etc for 60-70. My old Char-griller is the brat and wiener station and I do all the burgers, chicken and pork steaks on the KK.

Oh...and if your looking for a good cover for it just buy one that fits a large round fire pit.

Somewhere on the Internet , someone else brags in a guitar forum about the awesome guitar they got, and it only cost them a stupid grill.

:razz:

Is this the same thing as the ridiculously large kettle Flay uses sometimes on BBQ addiction? If so, that's awesome.

Here is the tag on the outside of the box:

28671457.jpg

Back