Covid19 canceled the party tomorrow, I am the cook

jermoQ

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeremy
Sis n laws party for tomorrow was canceled this morning because her daughter, my niece, may have Covid19. I am the cook and I already had the 20 lb (after trim) brisket opened, trimmed and seasoned with Oakridge BlackOps, sitting in the fridge until tonight. I put it on the Pitboss Copperhead a while ago at 275° and plan to get it done sometime tonight, let it sit in a cooler until I have some coffee, and chop it (her request) and deliver to three places tomorrow. I also have a pastrami flat wrapped in foil and finishing up that would have been for tomorrow too.
I will be grilling some game hens for supper. I will try to remember to give you guys more pictures...:doh:

If you pray, can you send one up for my sis n law and the family? She is at risk, having a compromised immune system and her other daughter's immune system makes her at risk too. Sis n laws stress level right now is three steps past "killed me already" so we are trying to help calm without actually being near them.:shocked:

Last edited:
That's awful! I read where a guy was tired of not seeing his friends so he went to a party or gathering as he thought it was getting better. He ended up infecting 28 close family members. Gotta stay safe! Good on you for delivering bbq.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry for the situation, Jeremy. I thought it was going to be kind of a humorous ending with you getting to eat all of the brisket yourself, but it turned serious real quick. I hope that things turn out for the best and I will certainly keep everyone in my prayers. I truly hope that it is just a brief disruption in everyone's life and things are back to normal and everyone is eating brisket soon! Blessings to all of you, my friend.

Hope it all turns out well mate, its a bit of a weird world at the moment

Keeping all in my prayers Jermey, hoping BBQing is bringing some solace to you. I can find it pretty therapeutic at times myself, kinda like an escape. Your cooks are looking very good so that's even better! Keep it up brother!

Lots of color and lots of smoke. Pulled it off the smoker, wrapped and stuck in the oven at 225. I cant wait to cut into that in the morning!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Jeremy!

I was tested this morning and was negative, hopefully your niece is as well!

Food looks fantastic!!!

Hate to hear that, know a bit of the feeling. We had friends from other side of the state coming tomorrow,but there are a few catching it in their church so they decided to stay home and we understand. Hope they keep it under control as that is where my 80 year old mother lives.

Dang it, Jeremy! So sorry to hear. Keeping you and family in my thoughts and prayers.
Your food looks amazing!

Final report. Brisket "chopped" the way my sis n law requested. Sent it over to her and within 5 minutes, she had made a sandwich and reported it was delicious. SCORE! I traded one of my friends a pan of brisket for some jalapeno boats...I would call it a winner!

Anyway, happy Independence Day everybody! Be safe!

Last edited:
Looks great ! Prayers sent for you and your extended family.
Mini Chickens ? Would that be the same as Cornish Game Hens ??

Final report. Brisket "chopped" the way my sis n law requested. Sent it over to her and within 5 minutes, she had made a sandwich and reported it was delicious. SCORE! I traded one of my friends a pan of brisket for some jalapeno boats...I would call it a winner!

Anyway, happy Independence Day everybody! Be safe!

You're in Little Elm? I'm about 30 minutes west of you. We should have combined our non-parties. My in-laws were scheduled to come over tonight until my 77 year-old father in law started running a fever with shortness of breath. Didn't want to worry us so just now told us that he's sick!

In the meantime I have four racks of beautiful dry-rub pork ribs and a three-bone beef plate ribs ready and waiting.....

Hope your family is well!

You're in Little Elm? I'm about 30 minutes west of you. We should have combined our non-parties. My in-laws were scheduled to come over tonight until my 77 year-old father in law started running a fever with shortness of breath. Didn't want to worry us so just now told us that he's sick!

In the meantime I have four racks of beautiful dry-rub pork ribs and a three-bone beef plate ribs ready and waiting.....

Hope your family is well!

That sounds yummy! That would have been fun! When things are a little less precarious, I am looking forward to meeting local brethren!

Back