THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kylersk

Full Fledged Farker
They were awesome!

ebae685f.jpg

Why do you guys tempt me to buy a BGE for high temp steak grilling? Those steaks look really good!

I watched a grilling show with bobby flay and he put ALOT of salt on the steaks. He said it gives the steak a nice crust. I tried it and while it was really good, I think it maybe enhanced the flavor a bit too much. Not sure I really noticed a crust? My wife loved hers though. Rubbed the steaks with ALOT of kosher salt, pepper, olive oil and tyme. Let them rest while coals heated up grill was over 600 when I put steaks on. Cooked for a few minutes each side, brought inside and let rest covered for 5 minutes. Turned out perfect Medium Rare. One of our guests like's their steaks a bit more well done, but she gobbled down the rib eye. I offered to cook it a bit longer and she declined.
Oh, and my steak wasnt on the grill yet.

I love cooking steaks on my BGE. They come out perfect each time!

Back