THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jsperk

Babbling Farker
My church is having a block party Saturday and asked me if I could cook pulled pork and ribs for 50 to 100. I can make whatever and when its gone it's gone. I figured maybe serve two bones and pulled pork sandwich. I think other people are having sides and stuff.

I never cooked that much and I'm thinking I should tell them that's to much for me to pull off.

I have two weber kettles and picking up a Kamado big Joe tomorrow.

He wants some stuff cooking at the even so the smell is going through the air.

I thought about cooking the butts Friday night and have them keep warm til serving on Saturday.

I don't know how I'm going to pull off the ribs I may tell them I can just do pulled pork. Any ideas and how much meat possibly? Or should I just tell them it's more than I ever done and be hard to pull off for me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'd be careful serving pilled pork, especially at a church event :-D

Pulled pork is pretty easy so I would stick to that with your cookers. You really don't have room for many racks of ribs.

As far as the amount of pork, figure 1/3 lb. per serving, cooked weight. That's 2/3 lb per serving raw weight, so for 100 people you wold need 67 lbs. of raw pork. That's roughly 8 or 9 butts. That might be a tough fit on two kettles and a KJ.

Last edited:
Since you haven't done anything like this before plus what you're cooking on, I'd stick with the pulled pork. You might have to do a couple of cooks to get it all done though. Could always cook ahead if possible and reheat in pans adding a little AJ.

Back