contest trucks

i bought her off e bay the guy was an film producer for NASCAR it has an 17,000. watt generator in it 7foot by 7foot deck on top two ac unites bath room shower couch that flips out to an bed -bunk beds sleep 5 -26 in flat screen tv computer stero system in it 6 sets of speakers
and an full kitchen three hole sink water heater prep table oven large spice wine trigger grill cambros and two 18 gallon tanks for fuel and 75 gallons of fresh water 18 gallons of black water and 55 gallons of greay water i built her from ground up it is my love:rolleyes::icon_shy

the axels are 10,000 lb
the frame is 2in by 12 in square tubing 3/8 thick walls
the rv shop said they have never seen one this well built and reinforced
but the weight came with it

Now that we've seen it, I gotta say that I'm surprised that your 250 lasted with that beast for even one trip:eek:

Why don't you just buy a 350 or 450. I guarantee a 450 will pull it just fine and you won't have to worry about the DOT.

You might want to take it to a scale sometime and get it weighted. If you wern't having any problems with the 250 pulling it just get bigger tags for your truck. i can't imagine it weights 18000 LBS. My F250 doesn't like to pull 10,000. Theres no way it would pull anywhere near 18000.

the 250 will definitely pull that weight, its just a matter of how long you want your transmission, rear end and transfer case to last. My friend has a dodge 1500 with the hemi and routinely pulls 22,000lbs. Thats a bobcat with tracks, bucket, backhoe attachment and trailer. with everything he has in that trailer, and the fact its not a POS towbehind toyhauler, but a real commerical trailer tells the story about the weight, it was probably towed by a toter motorhome in the firstplace.

York,
Another option would be a used 1 ton stake body. All kinds of them available right now. Ask Haslag about using a pintle hook instead of the 5th wheel plate. May get that done more cheaply.

That's a monster! I think I could cut the kitchen out of my house, enclose it on a trailer, and still not hit 18K pounds.

John

That is one nice rig. Try converting it to a fifth wheel or goose neck. The highway ride is a lot better with that kind of weight. I have a 2002 GMC 2500HD 4x4, 8.2L with the Allison 5 speed trans. It tows a goose neck dump trailer with a bobcat. The rig together loaded with tools is about 25K. The truck gets the job done and drinks a boat load of gas while doing it. The truck started towing the trailer with 100k and know has 125k. Still going strong.
Good Luck!

it has been to an weight station and it does weight all of the weights that i posted i went to ford and even the f750 is still to small to pull it on weight

the welder is choping the toung and making an truck plate hook up for the tracktor to hook on to it the tracktor is rated for 50,000 lb pull rate so i have my ass covered i have modot number and i will call them to marrow and see what they say

york

here is what MODOT said to day for personal use you must have the name of the bbq team on the door and the town and state you are from
then how much your plates are for on the door and not for hire on the bottom

you have to have an CDL c or higher
loge book will get you out of weight station faster and back on the road
and you have to be the owner of the whole thing other wise you are in violation

york

the bank has not got back to me yet it passed dot inspection
so we are getting there slow

Back