Congrats to brethren Dan!!!

Dan and his family were next to us at the awards ceremony and it was great to be able to share the excitement with them. Here's how it went down...

They first announced the side categories from Friday night. After that they announced the Thrill of the Grill results, starting with chicken. I heard the announcer say "Third place chicken goes to" someone, but not Chambers. Then "second place in chicken is" also someone, but not Chambers. Then, "And in first place in chicken for the 2010 Thrill of the Grill is...

Chambers Holy Smoked BBQ!!!" :clap:

The crowd went wild! Well... OK... The Brethren in the crown who know Dan went wild, including Dan's family, Parsley Lady, Scottie and me! I think Dan was in shock a little. He went up to accept the trophy and check and then had his picture taken with his family and Miss Arthur, Junior Miss Arthur and the extremely cute Mini Miss Arthur, missing front tooth and all :-D

Then, they moved on to ribs. I heard the announcer say "Third place ribs goes to" someone, but not Chambers. Then "second place in ribs is" also someone, but not Chambers. Then, "And in first place in ribs for the 2010 Thrill of the Grill is...

Again the crowd went wild! More shock from Dan and more pictures.

Then, as Dan is still standing holding his trophy the announcer says "And the Grand Champion for the 2010 Thrill of the Grill competition is..." And then he says "this shouldn't be a surprise..."

"Chambers Holy Smoked BBQ!!!" :clap:

I'm not sure if Dan realized at first that he was the GC, but it sunk in and he went and collected more hardware and another check and had more pictures taken!

Congrats to Dan and the whole Chambers family!!!! I'm glad that we were there to share the moment with you.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now... On to the important stuff... Now that's you've taken names and kicked butts in the Backyard division, when will your professional debut be? :becky:

"Now... On to the important stuff... Now that's you've taken names and kicked butts in the Backyard division, when will your professional debut be?"

Ron L - it won't be this year - and not against YOU - I've still got a long way to go to compete with you heavy hitters.
Thanks for the support and all your help, Ron. The Brethren truly are great folk.

Dan, you have no idea how happy I am for you. Nice to see One Of The Good Guys triumph. And its great to hear the Brethren got your back at the comps. I'm always impressed by the fellowship of the brethren.

I don't know if I'm more shocked or excited. I'm just glad Ken V. didn't come to compete :) (he won GC and kicked my butt last week). Thanks for spending time with your family yesterday, Ken :)

Sorry about that Ken. Sunday was definitely a day of rest for me. I will try to post up all of the results this morning.

Adam
CIBR-BBQ.com

Dan and his family were next to us at the awards ceremony and it was great to be able to share the excitement with them. Here's how it went down...

They first announced the side categories from Friday night. After that they announced the Thrill of the Grill results, starting with chicken. I heard the announcer say "Third place chicken goes to" someone, but not Chambers. Then "second place in chicken is" also someone, but not Chambers. Then, "And in first place in chicken for the 2010 Thrill of the Grill is...

The crowd went wild! Well... OK... The Brethren in the crown who know Dan went wild, including Dan's family, Parsley Lady, Scottie and me! I think Dan was in shock a little. He went up to accept the trophy and check and then had his picture taken with his family and Miss Arthur, Junior Miss Arthur and the extremely cute Mini Miss Arthur, missing front tooth and all :-D

Then, they moved on to ribs. I heard the announcer say "Third place ribs goes to" someone, but not Chambers. Then "second place in ribs is" also someone, but not Chambers. Then, "And in first place in ribs for the 2010 Thrill of the Grill is...

Again the crowd went wild! More shock from Dan and more pictures.

Then, as Dan is still standing holding his trophy the announcer says "And the Grand Champion for the 2010 Thrill of the Grill competition is..." And then he says "this shouldn't be a surprise..."

"Chambers Holy Smoked BBQ!!!" :clap:

I'm not sure if Dan realized at first that he was the GC, but it sunk in and he went and collected more hardware and another check and had more pictures taken!

Congrats to Dan and the whole Chambers family!!!! I'm glad that we were there to share the moment with you.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I can just see Dan's face when they made the announcement! Way to go Bro!!!!

Now... On to the important stuff... Now that's you've taken names and kicked butts in the Backyard division, when will your professional debut be? :becky:

Isn't there another competition in IL next weekend that Dan could come and strut his stuff?? :becky::becky:
Come on Dan, it's not that far, I know that they still have space left, and I'm sure you'd fit in just fine!

Dan,

Sorry I'm so late to the party on congratulating you on your awesome win!
Was great meeting you and your family, and better to see the look on your face when you found out you were GC!

Great Job! - you deserved it!

Back