Competition Trailer Project

Todd hit it right on. On top of that there's no veding window. ALso if you use the cubby for sleeping it need to be walled off. When I looked at a 36' I looked at putting the WC right against the cubby then a wall. Need outside access doors to both compartments. And the beat goes on.

Don't want to vend. Tried it and hated it. Too much work. Competing is my stress release.....(I work as a manager at a large Air Traffic Facility) I purchased this unit for $12,400.00 and spent another $10,000.00 on cabinets, appliances, etc that I will install myself. I just got tired of lugging crap back and forth and setting up crude camp sites. I'm hoping this will make my life easier and competing more enjoyable with a full kitchen available (I'll let you guys know in a few months after I get some use out of it :-D). Also, I am pulling it with my dream truck...King Ranch F-350.

How much is it going to weigh when done and loaded, and what are you using to pull it?

Not quite sure but the dry weight is approx 5000lbs and and the GTW is 10400lbs. With my equipment I shouldn't be anywhere near the 10400lbs, however; I will get it weighed once completed. Pulling with F350.

Don't want to vend. Tried it and hated it. Too much work. Competing is my stress release.....(I work as a manager at a large Air Traffic Facility) I purchased this unit for $12,400.00 and spent another $10,000.00 on cabinets, appliances, etc that I will install myself. I just got tired of lugging crap back and forth and setting up crude camp sites. I'm hoping this will make my life easier and competing more enjoyable with a full kitchen available (I'll let you guys know in a few months after I get some use out of it :-D). Also, I am pulling it with my dream truck...King Ranch F-350.

Good for you!! Hobbies cost money. It is just a fact.

It is funny how we spend tens of thousands on things that we use a dozen or two dozen times a year. I'm very guilty of this. But, you can't take it with you, as they say.

$10k is a LOT of custom cabinets, man! Wow. We gotta see that when it is done. The most amazing custom trailer I've ever seen is Smokey Mountain Smokers. From the pit area to the kitchen to the living space, it is a work of art.

It is funny how we spend tens of thousands on things that we use a dozen or two dozen times a year. I'm very guilty of this. But, you can't take it with you, as they say.

$10k is a LOT of custom cabinets, man! Wow. We gotta see that when it is done. The most amazing custom trailer I've ever seen is Smokey Mountain Smokers. From the pit area to the kitchen to the living space, it is a work of art.

3K cabinets
2K sink, stove, microwave vent hood, frig, toilet, bath sink
Then theres flooring, pumps, grey water tanks, fresh water tanks, black water tanks, PEX line, etc.

Trust me it goes QUICK !!!!

Very nice trailer
Im also looking at one as i will use it for Bussiness and Comps

3K cabinets
2K sink, stove, microwave vent hood, frig, toilet, bath sink
Then theres flooring, pumps, grey water tanks, fresh water tanks, black water tanks, PEX line, etc.

Trust me it goes QUICK !!!!

Yes it does. DIY isn't always as great as it sounds, too.

Yes it does. DIY isn't always as great as it sounds, too.

Your right....I've got my work cut out for me!! I've built a few houses and rebuilt several older homes. But this project will definetly be different than them all. I just want to keep it FUN and enjoy the process. Thats why I got into competing...for the fun of it! (and its nice to win every now and then too :grin:) !!

My last hobby was rebuilding a vintage twin Cessna (C310). This hobby is cheap comparitively speaking. At least my wife enjoys this hobby. We nearly divorced over the airplane :-D!!!

Back