Competition pork marinade

We inject about 1 oz per pound, using a 12 or 14 guage needle all over the butt.
I cook at lower temps, and try to develop my color before I wrap. I also pull earlier. Are you turning in pulled? chunks? slices? more than one? Do you sauce? do you add during cooking? more info might help us point you in another direction to play with on pork for the winter.

As far as others using our product, there are lots of cooks from all walks, and all BBQ societies using it. Ribs injected down south, Joe outted his usage, Big T's has never made it a secret they use our product, and No secret that Todd (Plowboys) and I cohabitate products during our cooks. The newest team that has been using it of late, is an FBA team that has been tearing it up in both KCBS and FBA (RGC Plant City), (GC in Sebring this weekend!) Fatt Ashes BBQ - they have been nailing pork!

There are some others I know using it, but don't want to 'out' anyone that wouldn't want folks to know how or what they do with my product. shoot me an email, I am happy to go through other questions on pork with you...
Tried to send you a PM...your box is full. Damn!

I switched to SOW this year and in the only two KCBS competitions I cooked here in Texas I go my first pork calls ever.

9th Sams Conroe - 1st use of the product
3rd Bedford Bluesfest

Inject and marinade.

Added info, i cook two butts at comp. Carve out the money muscle with a mister twister electric knife for smooth cuts. Then a few madallions followed by lots of pulled larger pieces. I have been using blues hog at the end, heated up ofcourse and have tried dunked, brushed etc.... My scores indicated i need tenderness help. Also, i have to say that i don't use a water pan and i'm sure i need to at these temps i have been cooking at. Well, now you know the rest of the story.

Thanks for your help,
Hot Sauuce Hoss

No doubt that SOWs marinade has improved our pork scores greatly this year. It is an excellent product made by even more excellent people. :thumb:

really like that SOW pork stuff too--even if the pork scores haven't reflected it lately--think I need a new cooker--------

Tried to send you a PM...your box is full. Damn!
email me a n d y g @ smokeonwheels . com I think my subscription expired, and my PMs have blown way over the limit due to that.

And to everyone else, thanks for the props. Ya'll are the greatest!!! Nothing is more exciting than seeing people using your products kick arse and take names.

Hot - on the tenderness scores... at the 205 and those temps, I am betting you are getting dinged for being over tender... possibly mushy or doing what can be worse sometimes.... "Mushrooming" in your mouth. Try to take it back a few degrees and let it rest in a cooler/cambro to finish cooking ... and you might not overshoot your done ness. we can talk about it more, just email me if you dont know what I mean.

email me a n d y g @ smokeonwheels . com I think my subscription expired, and my PMs have blown way over the limit due to that.

And to everyone else, thanks for the props. Ya'll are the greatest!!! Nothing is more exciting than seeing people using your products kick arse and take names.

Hot - on the tenderness scores... at the 205 and those temps, I am betting you are getting dinged for being over tender... possibly mushy or doing what can be worse sometimes.... "Mushrooming" in your mouth. Try to take it back a few degrees and let it rest in a cooler/cambro to finish cooking ... and you might not overshoot your done ness. we can talk about it more, just email me if you dont know what I mean.

I farking forgot my question. :-D

Back