Cold weather cooking

Harbor Freight stores usually have the best prices on welding blankets. Many sizes to choose from. Steve.

yep - i got a 6 X 8 last week for i think $14.99. Don't set your smoker up inside even with a fan running. Don't want you to be a Darwin Awards entrant...

My gear is under an overhang that I've partially enclosed with easily adjustable awnings and such. The openings are basically up top. The walls are mainly cubicle partitions made of sheet metal. It is never too smokey or too cold.

If your ever out this way, come and visit and I'll get you some partiotions.

Has anyone used a welding blanket to insulate their WSM ?
I've read about folks doing that on the TVWBB site. I never do, no matter how cold it gets. If it is windy, I built some wind screens that I surround the WSM(s) with, and that really helps.

I've thrown a folded up Harbor Freight welding blanket over the BBChef offset and it works great. It gets some black spots where the smoke leaks out the edge of the door, but that's about it. It helps even out the temperature left to right and also reduces the fuel consumption and fire maintenance --- no matter the outdoor temp.

Going to be 90 here today. :cool:

Back