THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LostNation said:
I've heard people have bought a cheep mortar pan from Home Depot for about 5 bucks. You can soak in hot water with a grease cutting cleaner then hit them with the hose. Be sure to rinse really well then oil them with Pam or any cheep cooking oil in spray form.

I clean my grates by firing up my pit as hot as I can (Lang 84) and hitting it with the hose or power washer. It seems to steam clean the grates down to the bare metal. I then use a spray bottle with peanut oil and hit the entire inside of the pit.

Rich Decker

This is the same way I clean my grates on my lang, I usually do not have to much of a problem except Have to clean the catch and drip pan with a putty knife. Hot grill and Water a few times, Maybe a light brushing with a stainless steel brush and we are done. I reoil the grates and good to go for the next big cook.

Scott d

Back