Chuck Roll.............Pepper Stout Beef! --A La PBC & 'Skeet Lump

Too bad ya'll can't smell what I'm smelling out front right now. Got the garage door open, music going in the man cave and smoke is creeping all throughout the cul de sac. I know my neighbors are dreaming of smoke and Q right now! :thumb:

2 minutes has gone past so it should be finished.

Pulled it. It's in the roaster now with the braise liquid and veggies. Smells really good. I got 2 Guiness brews left.............Hmmmmmmmmmmm! Gonna get a few Zzzz's and smell the Q waft through the house!
Sweet dreams, Farkers!

Put em in the roaster around 2AM. Pulled em out around 8AM and sliced em in 1/4's and allowed to cool. Then gave em the shred. FARKING AMAZING!!!!! Whole house smells incredible!!!!:becky: First thing wife said was, "You aren't going to throw out all those juices are you?"
ChuckRoll002_zps97cb2a92.jpg

ChuckRoll003_zps64794fff.jpg

Course my kids and wife would walk by and steal a few shreds every now and then. Very much a go to for shredded beef from now on!
ChuckRoll004_zpsf67c8bda.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I'll have a plated pic later on. Got potato salad, macaroni salad, and some Hatch green chile con queso!

Those late night cooks kick my arse! Had to take me a little nappy!:-D

The PBC was still humming along at 8 or so this
AM and kept humming along. That lump kept going. Those huge chunks of lump were awesome. I got some decent smoke from the lump only. Got a nice smoke ring on the chucker too.

I've seen this big hunk o' meat at Sam's before but never cooked one. I've done pulled brisket and pulled chuck roast in the roaster. How does this compare in taste ?

I've seen this big hunk o' meat at Sam's before but never cooked one. I've done pulled brisket and pulled chuck roast in the roaster. How does this compare in taste ?
Brisket has a great beef flavor and so does chuck. I really like the extra fat and collagen that you find in a CR. They are very close, but when it comes to price a d yeild, CR are awesome. I'm a big fan of chuck steaks to begin with so that flavor is great. I think chuck holds the fat flavor better. A lot like the point but with way more meat ratio.

Awesome. Gotta bit the bullet and try one some day. At that ration could help in feeding the 50 or so familia that comes over every Christmas Day. Tu sab es como la familia son !!

Fantastic thread Bob! :clap2: I've been wanting to do something like a chuck roll or shoulder clod. I'm working on getting my friends tired of piggys and then it's on to the big cuts of beef.

Look great, and, as some farker would say, I'd hit that! :hungry:

Back