THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
No, this is not a misprint. It's my Chuckie cook for the TD!
We start with chuck (this was the cross rib roast - not my normal cut, but what the hey?)...
IMG_3171.JPG

Season one with SPOG, and the other with a Garlic Rub I got in Gilroy....
IMG_3172.JPG

IMG_3173.JPG

You know the SOP for chucks: Bell peppers and onions, ready for slicing, and some beef stock, but..
IMG_3175.JPG

I am using Pibil marinade for one of these chucks. Pibil Marinade is not complete with Sour Oranges.
When you mix it, you get nuclear orange!
IMG_3176.JPG

But it needs some heat, so I stir in some Apricot Chipotle sauce.
IMG_3177.JPG

Into the UDS they go....zzzzzzz.....
...and chucks are out of the UDS, ready for liquids. You can see how bright it is!
IMG_3179.JPG

A few hours later, and BAM! Day-Glo Chuckie!
IMG_3182.JPG

I put some of it in a bowl so you see the orange.
IMG_3183.JPG

Any way, I plated it on a bed of saffron rice, and topped it with a Lemon Basil leaf.
IMG_3198.JPG

Last edited:
Well there's a twist - did you like it? If you need a taster just holler. :hungry:

I'm betting that orange flavor with a bit of a kick mixed with that beef real nice! Great idea!

Looks great John, how'd it taste?

It tasted great! Smoky, with a spicy citrus bite.

Sadly, the 2 legged-vacuum got to it when my back was turned last night after the snap. I asked him why he didn't eat the regular chuckie. His response was that the orange one looked cooler...

Back