THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JONESY

is one Smokin' Farker
So the wife and I went out for Mexican the other night at a new and highly rated joint, I had some fish tacos that where so soggy and bad, that by the time I got to the third one it was falling apart. Now I’m the kind of person, that once I get a craving for something I won’t let up until it’s satisfied, and after paying $16 for garbage tacos I knew I could do better.

I started with 2lbs of shrimp marinated in;
-1 Can chipotle pepper's with adobo
-3 Cloves of garlic
-1/4 cup Brown sugar
-3 green scallions
-Juice of one lime
-1 Shot of tequila
Process all in a blender or food processor
I let this marinate for about an hour, than threw them on the ceramic over direct heat.
1.jpg

Cooked them until just done.
2.jpg

Served with yellow rice and home made black bean salsa, fresh cilantro cream sauce (recipe to follow), shredded cabbage, and pico.
3.jpg

4.jpg

Cilantro Cream Sauce
-1 Pint sour cream
-2 tbs mayonnaise
-1/4 cup milk
-1/4 cup chopped cilantro
-2 tbs Adobo sauce
-1 tbs Clover honey
-Pinch cumin
-Pinch or two chili powder
-Juice of one lime
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and chill until ready to serve.

These tacos rocked compared to the high dollar, nasty, soggy ones I had earlier this week. It’s this kind of experience that reinforces why I get so mad when I go “OUT” to eat.

Have fun cooking at home!!!

Jonesy those look soooo good!! Thanks for the recipe! :-D

Back