THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tendrils of Smoke

Found some matches.
Due to a marked lack of attention to detail and planning on my part, I am without my favorite commercial pork rub that I normally use. (Trimm Tabbs pig powder)

So - I am forced to go off the reservation, and make my own. I have done this in the past, with varying degrees of success - but the one thing that I have always found offputting in rubs/sauces is the use if chili powder.

In the past what I have used is actually a chili powder blend (the kind used to make chili) and have not been happy with the results. Cumin is normally in these blends, and I generally see no place for cumin in BBQ.

SO - the question is this. What, in your opinion, would be the best chili powder to use for a pork rub? My first thought was pasilla powder... but I started second guessing myself.

Back