THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I am organizing a just for fun chili cook off at work for my next team meeting. I am happy with my chili recipe, and may even go the extra mile and take them in some Kerri's beans, but need help with the judging - there have to be some guidelines - anyone have some?

Thanks!
L-M

1. AROMA - Chili should smell appetizing.
2. CONSISTENCY - Chili should be a smooth combination of meat and gravy.
3. COLOR - Chili should look appetizing.
4. TASTE - Chili should taste good.
5. AFTERTASTE - Chili should leave a pleasant taste after swallowing.

Keep it simple. Have everyone write down their Top 3 choices, tally the results, and announce the winner.

we just did a small chili contest as a fund raiser for the local college girls basketball team, It was a real simple setup and worked real well. Every partcipant brought in a crockpot full of their chili (any kind) every participant then got serving cups with their number on it, Then (as this was a fund raisier) people paid 5 bucks, and could taste all the different chilis,,, then simply vote for theri favorite one, but writing the corresponding number on a blank ballot,, once it was over, the ballots were tallied,, and there is your winner.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a feeling there may be only 2 or 3 pots of chili (I have a really small team).

Back