Chili Contest at Work Today-w/ pron

Followup: Today we had part 2 of the contest (last month 6 pots, this month 6 pots, next month the top 3 from each compete against each other). I did not have an entry this time, but the one I voted best today also came in dead last. I am sensing a pattern. The one I voted last, won it all-really the same as last time. It had no zing, no pop, no spice, no flavor. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't good, same for all the top 3 IMHO. Someone came in with (I kid you not) Wal Mart canned chilli with nothing added and beat the one I voted best. I love my co-workers and I love the place that I work, but I have come to the conclusion that they do not have good taste in chilli! I will stick to BBQ at work, I'm not cooking chilli again here. Thanks for listening.

We just recently had a chili cook off I too faired poorly and ended up at the bottom. I tried using brisket instead of hamburger and sausage. Judges didn't like the brisket said it seemed like it would make a good sandwich but not chili.

Try making the MOFO Brisket chili from the Brethren recipe section. It won me first place in December. Toot Toot.. (thats my own horn)

Back