chile verde

That is an awsome looking meal.

I keep seeing reference to hatch chilies, what exactly are they and does anyone know where I can get some seeds?
Hatch chiles refers more to a location; Hatch, New Mexico, as opposed to a specific pepper. The peppers must be grown in Hatch, New Mexico to be called Hatch peppers. And yes, it makes a difference.
Wow, that looks incredible. I could use some of that for breakfast!

I agree with Saiko, I'd eat it right now for breakfast! Good job, Bob!
Saiko, Phil and Bo, there are leftovers, which will be for dinner, but, yeah, add couple of fried eggs and some steamed and buttered tortillas and you got one heck of a breakfast.
The bread seems to be excellent company for the pot of beans and the cucumber with yogurt is a great side for the heat, not to mention the complimentary flavor. Very nicely done!:clap2:
Anything special in the yogurt?
Basically it was Tzatziki.

landarc- that looks awesome!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I see you use Hatch peppers... are they local to you or can they be found elsewhere in the US?

I have to buy them frozen or canned. They are available fresh once a year and you can get them in Hatch, New Mexico. For the record, locally available fresh peppers really work just as well, Hatch Peppers are a little more flavorful by most folks reckonning.

Back