Chile Con Carne versus Chile Colorado

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
More than semantics? Both a stew. Chile Con Carne usually made with tomatoes.Chile Colorado is usually stewed red chile. Regardless, requires two shots of Tequila, one for the pot one for the cook (thanks cowgirl)
Ground brisket-and small cubes of leftover ribeye steak. Temps heading 100+.
Chili Time

Last edited:
question: Wife picked up some Young Guns Red chile sauce... "hot"

how hot is it? I would have preferred mild - medium might be pushing it - but it plainly says "hot"

question: Wife picked up some Young Guns Red chile sauce... "hot"

how hot is it? I would have preferred mild - medium might be pushing it - but it plainly says "hot"

I'm sorry, I don't recall ever purchasing the Hot. You might try blending with a mild. I'm posting th Amazon link for the reviews with several mentions of Hot. Heat tolerance is so individual in nature. But seems most rave about the flavor regardless of heat.

Link to Amazon with Reviews of Young Guns red Chile sauce

https://www.amazon.com/Young-Guns-Hatch-Valley-Chile/dp/B08SHXY3C3

What is this Young guns red chile sauce? I mean, is it concentrate or are there other ingredients. I have some red chile sauce that is a concentrate and it needs to be diluted. Its so much better then using chili powder, but like i said, a little goes a long way. I ended up freezing the pouches i bought thinking i didnt need to dilute.

Was $2.00 for 24oz on sale. ingredient list says Red Chile Puree (Dried Red Chile Pods, Water), Sunflower Oil, Cornstarch, Salt, Granulated Garlic, Citric Acid

Very "liquidy" -does not appear to be a concentrate. I have a small chuck roast and ground beef...gonna be 107 today- a small pot of red might be the thing. Maybe fight fire with fire? Wife may think I've lost my mind. (like THAT would be the 1st time)

Was $2.00 for 24oz on sale. ingredient list says Red Chile Puree (Dried Red Chile Pods, Water), Sunflower Oil, Cornstarch, Salt, Granulated Garlic, Citric Acid

Very "liquidy" -does not appear to be a concentrate. I have a small chuck roast and ground beef...gonna be 107 today- a small pot of red might be the thing. Maybe fight fire with fire? Wife may think I've lost my mind. (like THAT would be the 1st time)

It's indeed a sauce, lightly seasoned. I added S&P + two kinds of chili powder. Not too much, but enough. Here is a Young Guns recipe for a 6 quart pot of Red Pozole calling for two cups. I also made a tablespoon roux. Added a quarter perhaps a third cup of chopped green as well.

Link to Young Guns red Chile pozole recipe

https://www.yghatchchile.com/blogs/recipes/red-pozole-with-chicken

Wife classified this as cobby wobble heat. That's her way way of saying perfect. It didnt feel hot on palate, but more of an undefined total body mildly pleasant heat sensation.

Other companies make Chile pepper sauces. Bueno in the frozen foods, the small bladders in meat sections of grocery stores and Young Guns in shelf stable handles in produce, on end caps etc. There are others.

Like most things jarred, canned and handled what you make from scratch would be tastier, but it takes a while and some forethought.
With this you got a good flavorful not tomato red Chile pepper sauce that's flavorful and convenient.
I'm going to go back and buy 3-4 handles of the 12oz mild.

Back