Chicken Thingy pron

DavidEHickey

Full Fledged Farker
Well here is my attempt at copying the Smoked Chicken wraps that were posted last week. Grocery had the chicken tenders on sale for 1.99 a pound. They turned out pretty good.

Attachments

• P5040607.jpg
    P5040607.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 150
  • P5040610.jpg
    P5040610.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 150
  • P5040612.jpg
    P5040612.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 150
Must be pretty popular thing to try this weekend. Made some myself yesterday.....

Or did I?
no pics:twisted:

Must be pretty popular thing to try this weekend. Made some myself yesterday.....

Me too (Saturday). The breast strips I got were pretty small, though. One piece of bacon took care of each one. I brushed on a little Q sauce when I was finishing them up on the grill. I'd like to try them w/ larger strips and use two bacon strips.

Did y'all use toothpics to hold the bacon on, or did it just stay on once you smoked it?

I didn't use any toothpicks, the bacon I used was fairly thin and wrapped around the chicken pretty firmly.

I think I'll do it w/o them next time and trust the bacon to behave. The toothpics were a pain.

Looks great, 'bout how long and at what temp were you running?

Here's the original thread from last Thursday. According to OSD, "They were in the smoker at 230* for around 1 1/2 hours. Then on to the grill just long enough to crisp the bacon."

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41707&highlight=bacon+wrapped+chicken

I'm getting hungry looking at them again.

I didn't see any chicken thingies. Just chicken tenders wrapped in bacon . . . . oh never mind. Looks good

Back