THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I get 10# bags regularly around $6-7 per bag. A few weeks ago Kroger had them on sale for 49 cents pound. I snagged two 10# bags. I'm happy to see quarters are still cheap.

I pay a little more for them at either Whole Foods (Bell & Evans) or local farms, usually around $3 a pound. Much better tasting meat. But if I was feeding a crowd? I'd snap up the Kroger ones.

Last time i bought a 10# bag of quarters was when the pandemic was in full force. I payed $5 for that 10# bag. That said, drumsticks and thighs go on sale regularly for $0.69/lb if you check weekly flyers.

They were 53 cents a pound at Restaurant Depot a week ago. That's for a 40lb. box. Decent price I thought, most of the other meat was too high.

I pay a little more for them at either Whole Foods (Bell & Evans) or local farms, usually around $3 a pound. Much better tasting meat. But if I was feeding a crowd? I'd snap up the Kroger ones.

YES SIR Bell & Evans are worth the price..... A little research on air cooled chickens will prove us right.... I'll never buy a "traditional" chicken product again.... Chlorine bath? I'll pass :grin:

Thanks,
Greg

Back