Kingsford Cumin Chili Briquettes w/Mesquite

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Oh boy.. I have no avatar or beers under my name even though I renewed my membership last week. Phil?

I just don't expect that the flavors are gonna transfer to the food. I could be wrong. But at that price, who cares.

I just don't expect that the flavors are gonna transfer to the food. I could be wrong. But at that price, who cares.

There are reviews of the briquettes and the flavor bombs on YouTube if interested. Cajun Rnew BBQ has at least two videos. Chicken breast in one and spare ribs in an Oklahoma Joe's Bronco using a PBC hook grabber in the other. Today's United Amigo ad has pork picnic under $0.90#. Think $0.87. Cheap enough for an experiment if I get out that way.
Furthest United from my tent

I'd be interested to see what your thoughts are after you've tried it. My initial impression after seeing the sage/thyme in the store was that that stuff's just going to burn and produce bad flavors. But I suppose they're probably using chemicals to mimic the flavor/smell, not the actual herbs.

I still can't really see these being anything more than a sales gimmick but I look forward to seeing how you like/dislike them.

I'd be interested to see what your thoughts are after you've tried it. My initial impression after seeing the sage/thyme in the store was that that stuff's just going to burn and produce bad flavors. But I suppose they're probably using chemicals to mimic the flavor/smell, not the actual herbs.

I still can't really see these being anything more than a sales gimmick but I look forward to seeing how you like/dislike them.

Went out and got two bags of Basil Thyme with Oak. The bag says real spices. I used to find Kingsford wood infused for $5 bag. I enjoyed the mesquite and apple. Kingsford took a price jump last couple years and haven't seen sales very often.

Last edited:
The review you posted sounds interesting. Looking forward to your review and comments Adams. I never use my gasser anymore (always my Webers). I may just have to give these a try...

Thats pretty much the flavor profile of most of Oakridge rubs, so im sure it would do well on this forum. Myself not included.

Thats pretty much the flavor profile of most of Oakridge rubs, so im sure it would do well on this forum. Myself not included.
Kingsford charcoal and Oakridge seasonings have nothing in common. Two totally different products so why try to equate them? yawn....

Back