Chicken Heart Sausage (why not) & Nashville Chicken Sausage

I'm lucky with one of the Asian markets around me has just about everything. Nice being able to get larger quantities of some "uncommon" things.

We've got a couple of really small Asian markets so I might try there. We do however, have a lot of Hispanic Markets popping up that I might try as well.

Thanks for the tip.

Robert

We've got a couple of really small Asian markets so I might try there. We do however, have a lot of Hispanic Markets popping up that I might try as well.

Thanks for the tip.

Robert

Ya any international market would be the best option. American supermarkets just dont carry them, especially in bigger quantities.

Try them whole grilled on skewers with a soy and chili glaze. Freaking phenomenal. That and chicken butts done the same way were my favorite street foods in Taipei.

Meat ground up after a quick freeze to get it colder

Chicken thighs
r6Le08Gl.jpg

0lbPONJl.jpg

Hearts
woEH7mdl.jpg

U1xopCFl.jpg

NhquH4Jl.jpg

8vXt8qwl.jpg

So did a small test pan fry with salt pepper and cayenne and hot damn was it tasty. Almost beefy because of the richness.

So the challenge is there is a different texture and being lean I don't know how it will turn out when cased. I will be adding powder milk to help bind and add some moisture and might not do the green curry as it is a sauce and could add too much liquid. Going to think about it, but damn that small batch was tasty as a little patty. Would make a damn good burger!

Why did you shape your sausage patty to look like Texas? Do you do that with all sausage patties you make?

Never considered making Sausage with chicken, but you peaked my interest. I most likely won't try with hearts, but gizzards might just make it into my next batch. Im thinking a blend of 74/24 pork butt/chicken gizzards with a 2% cheddar/jalapeno mix.

Here's the nashville hot chicken sausage spices. Then I added pickles in. Nailed the first taste test. Nothing else needed
0v51cMGl.jpg

4Z8w3avl.jpg

pN168VCl.jpg

And here is the chicken heart which I did add in the green curry. Again the taste test was great. Wife said if I didn't tell her it was ground chicken heart she would have thought beef.
PhxDtqZl.jpg

YsfkQUXl.jpg

XpJZRa6l.jpg

YTYz44Sl.jpg

vPqf4vGl.jpg

YaDCm5nl.jpg

So the final texture in the casings after cooking will be interesting. I might get them all cased up tonight, but it could push till tomorrow, but I will be cooking them tomorrow as well.

Dang... that looks tasty. Can't wait to see the cased result, see what the flavor is like.

Nashville
fKUXcgDl.jpg

0Von7hTl.jpg

k6HGQQEl.jpg

This is why to get the biggest stuffer you can. I have a 15lb and you can stuff 15 or 3lbs and this is all that is left at the bottom when done. Just as efficient and you don't have to reload as much
4N2WF3rl.jpg

Chicken heart loaded
AkAsPvRl.jpg

Sometimes I just fully load it on top of whatever was in there before. Here you can see I got one more link of the last batch and then the new coming in
LPYATpal.jpg

Here's the rest
PJ1ICq5l.jpg

RsCCAYPl.jpg

o5wOSk9l.jpg

LYHQhlZl.jpg

N0CQYial.jpg

Cooking a few in the oven later and will smoke some tomorrow

Back