Chicken box

I think those judges just hated chicken. Ours bombed (101st!) and the only thing wrong was mildly disheveled greens. (We rearranged a couple of times. Stupid.) I don't have the scoresheet in front of me, but IIRC we did ok on appearance and bombed taste. (Totally unexpected after the past few, where a 7 on taste was an unwelcome surprise..)

Turns out the pics are in the wife's phone, but I'd be curious for a brethren score if I can get her to email them over to me.

Got them!
picture.php

I need to take a look at my scoresheet, but at first glance it didn't look terrible - not what we expected, but not 101st.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Appearance is weighted very low in the scoring. Bad appearance scores might knock an otherwise winning taste entry down 10% - 20% at the most, being at the bottom of the pack is going to be about tenderness and/or taste. Seek ye there.

I think those judges just hated chicken. Ours bombed (101st!) and the only thing wrong was mildly disheveled greens. (We rearranged a couple of times. Stupid.) I don't have the scoresheet in front of me, but IIRC we did ok on appearance and bombed taste. (Totally unexpected after the past few, where a 7 on taste was an unwelcome surprise..)

Turns out the pics are in the wife's phone, but I'd be curious for a brethren score if I can get her to email them over to me.

Got them!

I need to take a look at my scoresheet, but at first glance it didn't look terrible - not what we expected, but not 101st.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Not wanting to hijack the OP, I'd give this box an 8 on appearance - WAY TOO MUCH sauce for my liking, otherwise it looks pretty good.

I must be in a hard ass mood. I'd give them both 7's. First too light and the sides look neeked (no color from smoke, spice or sauce) the second looks like the lid came off of the sauce bottle as you were pouring the sauce. Hope that helps. keith

We were unhappy with the sauce as well. It looks heavier in the pic than it did in the box, but it was significantly thicker than our usual. (We usually do a fairly thin sauce.)

Thanks for the feedback :) Now back to our regularly scheduled OP.

Back