Chicken and potato curry (Pr0n!)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
TFO bought home some standard barn drumsticks so I wanted to get some flavour in them suckers.
Decided we were due for a curry.
Made a paste in the blender and fried it gently, used belacan(trasi), cloves, nutmeg, lemon grass, garlic, shallots, turmeric, cinnamon and a dozen birdseye chilies.
IMG_1449.jpg

Meanwhile skinned the drumsticks and cut potatoes up.
IMG_1450.jpg

Cooked it gently for quite a while and got that meat all silky soft and tender
and that yellow from the turmeric looks so good

IMG_1453.jpg

Time to eat, added a pickled chili and dug in!
KariAyamplated2.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen curry made from scratch before. Need to shine a little more light on that sometime. Good stuff.
If there were enough interest I could do a tutorial?

There are a huge variety and some are really difficult but there are plenty of really easy ones to start with...

I'd like to learn more Bucc but with my skill level maybe an easy one would be nice to start with.

Looks great, Bucc! :clap:

I promise you there are more folks here than you may imagine who'd love to see a curry tutorial...:idea:

Great cook Bucc! Problem is I'm headed to work and Indian food looks great and now I'll have to buy some...

That looks really tasty Bucc!!! My wifes a big curry fan. Some times it's great and some times it's to heavy handed for my tastes. But every thing we've done with chicken is fantastic. Don't know if it's the specific spices used or what?

Hmmm, three people interested.
Lets see how it goes.
If the numbers stay low I'll PM interested parties a guide and tutorial, okay?

That looks really tasty Bucc!!! My wifes a big curry fan. Some times it's great and some times it's to heavy handed for my tastes. But every thing we've done with chicken is fantastic. Don't know if it's the specific spices used or what?

It could be but that will just be the recipes she is using.
There are chicken recipes for curry that few could handle comfortably, me included.
'Curry' is an English word that has no match in other languages, it is all encompassing so the variety is endless.
People think that it is an Indian translation but although it is the origin of the word, in the variety of languages of that large region our 'curry' would cover a dozen fractions with different interpretations.
There are 'curries' that are light and spiced like Christmas cakes, all the way through to a prawn curry I ate (Sri Lanka) that was so hot, I went numb from my elbows down while my whole throat head and body burst into flames....in my imagination.
My stomach felt like coals for 12 hours.
And people will tell you the Portuguese curry "Vindaloo" is hot...:tsk:

That looks soooo good, Bucc! You know I love the curry. I have made some of my own, but there are so many different kinds out there to try. Would love to see what you've got in the way of a tutorial. Learn something new here every day! :thumb:

Back