Chicago Style Crust (round 2)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Continuing the saga of Detroit style crust. Calling this attempt #2 though my first go round here was simply with my regular dough recipe that at the last minute decided to put it into a detroit style pan.

That was a very successful thread for me as it seemed like actual information was shared vs me just posting pictures of delicious IceHouse Edge/Steele Reserve :crazy:. (Thanks everyone for the help so far)

I'm following the serious eats recipe that was shared 100%. Notice I've called this thread "Chicago Style Crust" as I'm not sold on the way the toppings are done :crazy:
https://www.seriouseats.com/detroit-style-pizza-recipe

Measured stuff out and got to the part where the dough forms a loose ball and letting it rest for 10mins
Ltda3nBl.jpg

iftwK5ul.jpg

J18I2hOl.jpg

So the only part where I'm lying about the 100% is i'm using active yeast that I proofed in warm water vs instant yeast. I'm sure this won't lead to more lying........:becky:

So first pic is when it was done mixing for 10mins. Really stuck to the bottom.

Pic 2.....holy hell, not sure how you can form this wet sack of crap into a "tight ball" vs just have it all stick to you hands and cause instant regret [emoji12]. Took a little extra flour to get it to this state.....which is far from a "tight ball".

Anyways, moving on for the ~2hr rest and me cheating on icehouse edge.20211231_155438.jpg20211231_155852.jpg20211231_160808.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I feel you. I hate any "do it yourself" dough recipes because apparently the dough didn't read the directions on how it is supposed to perform/react to my hard work. At least you appear to have something that is going to be edible from your efforts.

Back