Charcoal Chat

***can we just pause a second and think about how farking great it is that there's a place where you can talk about charcoal with other folks - charcoal! I do not have many friends who would want to discuss charcoal for any length of time without trying to get out of the conversation as soon as possible. glad there's a spot to talk about charcoal with people who are as intersted in it as I am, so yay for this site once again.***

This. This right here is what I wanted, just talking about what we use and how we use it and what we like.

Currently, my favorite briquette for smoking/grilling is Royal Oak "All Natural" (which is apparently "Chef's Select" rebranded). IMHO, it rivals Stubbs and Weber. RO "All Natural" light's quick, smokes very little, and gets very hot. Love it!

I have small follow-up to the underlined. I just finished off my bag of RO all natural briqs, and topped off the Pit Barrel's basket with the RO Chef's Select. The ROCS is a slightly larger briquette (it's on the right in the attached pic).

Attachments

• CharcoalComp.jpg
    CharcoalComp.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 54
I run KBB and I use Lighter Fluid. I don’t care what my neighbors think or anyone else for that matter.....:mrgreen:

Anyone who’s been to a N Texas Bash and ate anything I cooked has had meat/food cooked on KBB started with lighter fluid..........even stick burning BoomSkuckaLucka gets started on KBB n lighter fluid and if coal base gets low gets more KBB during the cook.........

Reservation canceled! :biggrin1:

I use lump exclusively. I stick with RO lump and western wood lump since it is the most readily available around here. Don't get me wrong I have used alot of kbb over the years but just prefer to use lump. BTW can't wait to try Smitty's spam and meatloaf in a couple of weeks!

Back