Char Griller offset not hot enough!

so this is what i have observed of your photos and based on my experience.

- make sure you have good airflow. keep the air intake open full till you get your desired temp and dial down.

- get a charcoal basket. i got a cheap metal basket for 9.99 from homegoods and used that as mine. i find this helps b/c it keep the coals in one area or i can move then around if i need to. having them roll around the firebox isnt good.

- make sure you have your exhaust open full. no blockage.

- you didnt post photos of your charcoal. maybe you arent using enough to heat up the entire chamber.

Hi Notorious, All,
Great points, all. I used a lot of charcoal (and lump charcoal), so I am convinced that I need a o focus on raising up the grate and finding the right fuel. I learned how to control the heat on my

Try those kingsford wood splits, it was my "gateway fuel" that got me hooked into full blown stick burning. Even though I don't use kingsford anymore (got a wood yard hookup now), give it a whirl, it'll solve your temp problems pronto

so this is what i have observed of your photos and based on my experience.

- make sure you have good airflow. keep the air intake open full till you get your desired temp and dial down.

- get a charcoal basket. i got a cheap metal basket for 9.99 from homegoods and used that as mine. i find this helps b/c it keep the coals in one area or i can move then around if i need to. having them roll around the firebox isnt good.

- make sure you have your exhaust open full. no blockage.

- you didnt post photos of your charcoal. maybe you arent using enough to heat up the entire chamber.
Here is one I made for my mine Made this from materials procured from a big box store. If you have only been using charcoal, one recommendation I would make, is to do a burn using splits before cooking anything. I had a build up of ????. Had just checked on the cook, had a weird smoke (not white, blue or black coming out. Opened the lid and the fireball flew. Luckily, food was not destroyed.

Don't do a dryer vent extension...... some have had Good Luck with them but more have not as it can disrupt/hurt airflow/draft

Back