CF Beef Ribs And Duroc Ham

It all looks good. Those hams just keep on giving: breakfast the next morning, in a pot of beans for supper (with cornbread and sliced onion of course) and don’t forget the sandwiches. Yours looked excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Tom! Creekstone's prime has been very good so far. I did get one end of the rack rather fatty but it was very good. Meat to fat ratio was perfect and most definitely pleasant. Too much beef fat def won't render out. I thought you still did a heck of a job. Always next time brother. :thumb:

MzAUG2yh.jpg

Nice work Sako, it looks like you got a significantly better rack the I cooked Saturday.
I highlighted all the huge fat veins that were in there. I can't envision a scenario where all that fat could render. I have 3 more and I'm hoping for better on the next ones.

yGWMj2Gh.jpg

I'm likin' these cabin cooks! Are we moving the neighborhood, Neighbor? If so, I'm in! lol

Thanks Neighbor! I definitely enjoy doing them as it's beautiful and peaceful up there. If you're in than most definitely. :thumb:

It all looks good. Those hams just keep on giving: breakfast the next morning, in a pot of beans for supper (with cornbread and sliced onion of course) and don’t forget the sandwiches. Yours looked excellent.

Thanks Kevin! The possibilities are endless with ham. I actually like the leftovers better.

Thanks Kevin! The possibilities are endless with ham. I actually like the leftovers better.

I do too. I don’t usually do spiraled hams. Do they cook/warm faster? Do you worry about them drying out.

I do too. I don’t usually do spiraled hams. Do they cook/warm faster? Do you worry about them drying out.

To be fair, this was my first spiral cut ham I bought but it was not dry one bit. I think they key is to bring it up to temp slowly which 250-275 just about does anyway. This never "shrunk" on me like I've seen them before.

Plenty of moisture as you can see in the pic and I only took it to about 135 to 140 max since it was fully cooked. It was delicious.

PFJnAmPh.jpg

Back