Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Central Illinois Bragging Rights, Arthur, IL - Oct 8 & 9, 2010

Hey Brethren, I have a couple of questions for ya.

Since my family will be coming with me, I can't get there Friday or too early on Saturday. Probably get there between 9:30-10. Rib turn in is 2 PM...which gives me less than 4 hours to cook the ribs, get the chicken going, and produce turn in boxes. Any advice on how that time frame is kept? Cook on a grill and not a smoker??? I really am at a loss. This past weekend, my spares took a good 5 hours...should I think about baby backs? Thanks for any advice you can send my way.

thats cutting it awful close IMO Dan..even for baby backs..also have to figure in time to get your cooker started and up to temp as well

we would like to invite every one over for the 911 toast sat morn , in memory of our fallen,and our freindship in bbqing....then its game on. dennis:clap2:
Will DEFINATELY be at the toast!

Ron L...Save a bag of beans for me.

Looking forward to our first Backyard Comp. Look for the Redheads at "RES-Q BBQ"

Last edited by a moderator:
we would like to invite every one over for the 911 toast sat morn , in memory of our fallen,and our freindship in bbqing....then its game on. dennis:clap2:

Would this be in lieu of the 9:22 or in addition??:wink:

I believe Mike Lake hosted the last 9:22 at Arthur. Wasn't sure about this year. Hey, what the heck, I'm good for both!

I do kind of like your reasoning behind 9:11

Would this be in lieu of the 9:22 or in addition??:wink:

I believe Mike Lake hosted the last 9:22 at Arthur. Wasn't sure about this year. Hey, what the heck, I'm good for both!

I do kind of like your reasoning behind 9:11

We did that at Silver Lake on 9/11...

I'm not superstitious, but I'm going back to 9:22... :roll:

I think they are making plenty of cinnamon rolls for Friday. Feel free to send in an order and we will pass it on to the girls to make.

Adam
cibr-bbq.com

Mighty big difference between this year and last! It's absolutely gorgeous here! As opp.osed to last years driving rainstorm we set up in:mad2:

Not too many teams here yet, I think maybe 20, bet there should be 50 or more by tomorrow! Should be a great time!

We're on Illinois, just east of Vine, if anybody wants to come say hi tomorrow or Saturday

Dan, as I said in PM, I'll know when I go through my inventory in the morning what I may have to spare. I bought extra this time, last comp I forgot my lettuce at home:shocked: Made for a bit of a panic moment.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Dan, as I said in PM, I'll know when I go through my inventory in the morning what I may have to spare. I bought extra this time, last comp I forgot my lettuce at home:shocked: Made for a bit of a panic moment.

I will be coming up this afternoon. I can drop an extra head of lettuce in the cooler if you need it! Just let me know. Going to the store in an hour!:thumb:

God's blessings and protection to all who are traveling this weekend. Look forward to seeing some of ya later this afternoon.

I will be coming up this afternoon. I can drop an extra head of lettuce in the cooler if you need it! Just let me know. Going to the store in an hour!:thumb:

Mike, if you would, I'd appreciate it. The problem I have is I don't have a place to buy it here in Manito and I'm not sure if Arthur has a place to buy it - and I won't be passing any supermarkets on my way that I know of. Plus, I'm on my way to do some shut-in visits this morning, so I'm afraid I'll run out of time and not get a chance to get some...

Ron L - don't know if you are online, or if you will be checking this, but I lost your phone number. The one I have from a couple of months ago goes to a work "out of office" message.

We'll be getting there by 4 for the cooks meeting, if possible. Might ask some of ya to give me a hand unloading, if you're still willing, as it's only Drew and I coming today.

Back