Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Central Illinois Bragging Rights, Arthur, IL - Oct 8 & 9, 2010

We were 2nd place sausage at Shannon this year...i was hoping for some good competition :becky: ............(but not to good)

It was a bad year this year for sausage judging in Shannon... :icon_shy

Well, looks like I need to make some sausage this weekend...

sausage judging

And some guys get realllllly upset if their sausage gets scored a 5.:roll:

Laird

KCBS CBJ, Certified Table Captain

BWS Patio, Hasty Bake, ABS Pit Boss w/ Okie State Orange wheels and thermapen

We'll be there. Save me a bag of coffee!! :becky:

Seeing I will be able to get there early, I am considering entering the sausage contest. Although, the orgainzer asked me not to enter... Just to give other teams a chance.... :boxing:

Just to set the record straight, we asked them not to enter due to the fact we were concerned for the health of our judges.:heh:

Cross your fingers for some good weather and we look forward to seeing you all here next weekend.

Adam
Cibr-BBQ.com

I may take a lap through Arthur next weekend. Hate to miss an event so close, but I've got some issues at my house I need to tend to.

Just saw that they have a backyard ribs/chicken contest. Considering entering, if not too late. Anyone know if there are any things for the kids to do around there if/when they get bored of helping me?

Dan,

There are some things around for the kids to see and do. If you have an adult that will be with them they can head out to the pumpkin patch south of town, which they will love. There should also be a kid running buggy rides around town on Saturday. I haven't heard yet for sure if one of the local organizations is setting up a kids zone or not but they have the past few years.

On another note, just saw the weather forcast for this coming weekend and it is calling for 75-80 degrees on Satuday with a low of around 55 on Friday night. Maybe this year we will make it without blowing all the fuses.

Looking forward to seeing you all this coming weekend. Chris, no excuses.

Adam
Cibr-BBQ.com

Edit: Dan, forgot to mention, we are still taking applications if you feel like entering the backyard portion of the competition.

Hey Brethren, I have a couple of questions for ya.

Since my family will be coming with me, I can't get there Friday or too early on Saturday. Probably get there between 9:30-10. Rib turn in is 2 PM...which gives me less than 4 hours to cook the ribs, get the chicken going, and produce turn in boxes. Any advice on how that time frame is kept? Cook on a grill and not a smoker??? I really am at a loss. This past weekend, my spares took a good 5 hours...should I think about baby backs? Thanks for any advice you can send my way.

The kids can always come by our site and wash dishes, Dan :-D

I cook spares at 275 in four hours, so if you can get there a little earlier you can get them done. Just tell the family that there's no sleeping in BBQ!

Ron, yeah you and I know that sleep is not too common in BBQ, but for my wife and kids, sleep on Saturday is looked favorably upon. I'll try to get there as early as possible. Maybe you can pick up my gear and get my site set up on Friday. Oh, that gives me an idea...maybe I can bring my stuff and set up on Friday and come back Saturday to start cooking. Would it be safe to leave out unattended in Arthur? With the Brethren there, I wouldn't worry - don't know how the other crowds are, though. Thoughts?

1, The Berg is still open and serving hot deep fried breaded mushrooms and cold beer in downtown Arthur. So no worries there.

2. I would say there is little to no worries about leaving your site unattended on Friday night. All of the KCBS contestants will be there and there will be a few Thrill cooks there already so there will be people around to discourage the riff raff. Of course, there isn't much riff raff to speak of so I think it will all work out. Hell, I moved back to Arthur after college and have only locked my house door once in that 14 years. The only bad thing is i had to leave my back doors unlocked so I could get back in after vacation since I have absolutely no clue where my house keys are.

Weather forcast today at noon for this weekend was Friday 75 degrees. Friday night 55 degrees, Saturday 80 degreex and sunny!!!

Schedule for the weekend is available at www.cibr-bbq.com.

Give George or I a shout if anyone has questions. I will be monitoring the forums and we can also be reached at 217-543-2766 throughout the day.

we would like to invite every one over for the 911 toast sat morn , in memory of our fallen,and our freindship in bbqing....then its game on. dennis:clap2:

Back