THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just thought I'd share a pic from a catering gig today. It's an appetizer platter of Pig Candy, Garlic grilled Shrimp and MOINK Balls.

1147654_10201312973039907_1920153581_o.jpg

Comments?

Food looks good. I would add more garnish though for presentation.
Around the outside of the food more and underneath it. Also see the drip of sauce that should be wiped away to give it a nice clean appearance not saying it isn't clean as in tainted but it draws your eyes away from the food. Take a look at a competition box and see how much garnish they have around their food. Try to mimic that on
a larger scale. Taste is always number one and I am sure it tastes good but still appearance will make something look even more delicious. I use to work in food service and that was one thing the chefs always emphasized to me was making sure the presentation is good and sauce drips needed to be wiped and were a big no no. It draws your eyes away while garnish compliments the food and makes a nice background color like a painting that draws your eyes to the food. The food looks good but it would look amazing with more garnish and the removal of sauce drips. Hope I am not being to picky
those chefs I use to work with beat it into me. I can understand why as I had worked at serving line as well as helping them if someone got sick and called off. People look at food and if it is weird looking or not presented well they will make a horrible face and walk away. I understand that sauce drips also come from people taking food. Have a bucket of sanitizer water out of sight of course with a clean towel to remove sauce drips when they occur. Good presentation will draw them to the food and the taste will make them come back for more and will get some of them to ask for your number to have their events catered.

Great spread Neil! What weapons did you choose to create that edible masterpiece? The Spicewine? MAK? Do tell...

Back