THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LYU370

Resident Idjit
Staff member

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Andy
If you're ever in the Houston area, take a somewhat short drive south to San Leon, unless you're on the north side of Houston, then take a long drive down to Gilhooley's Restaurant and Oyster Bar. 18+, no kids allowed and CASH only.

Started with some oysters & shrimp, a garlic butter sauce, and grated parm. Check Saveur, pretty close recipe.

Oysters down on the grill, don't have a shucking knife, So throw em on for about a minute and a half, then you can just grab any knife to pop them open.

T5FwafQh.jpg

Some big ones, some small ones, don't lose that liquor!

ygvFAxvh.jpg

Spoon on the garlic butter, parm & hot sauce and back on the grill.

obzuPQ1h.jpg

Cooks up in about another 4-5 minutes.

1jEVU8Yh.jpg

VeCDsIZh.jpg

Done. Good stuff, but not quite right...

bYlOQXPh.jpg

Forgot the shrimp.

atq9jQIh.jpg

Good stuff, thanks for looking.

7FqjHP7h.jpg

Oysters are an all day event. Have a few raw the a few off the grill not to long a few Rockefeller, by a few I mean 6 each time. Then raw and off the grill the rest of the day!!

Oysters are an all day event. Have a few raw the a few off the grill not to long a few Rockefeller, by a few I mean 6 each time. Then raw and off the grill the rest of the day!!
Definitely used to be. I remember as a kid we used to go to picnic/bashes where they served all you can eat Oysters and clams. My step dad always dared me to eat the raw oysters and clams, so they became my favorite. He hated that he couldn't get me to chicken out. He tried to get me on frog legs too, but they were delicious, lol. Good times, I have pretty thick skin because of him, wish he was still around.

I gotta try this one! A dozen oysters and a side salad per person works for me!

I wish I could eat oysters, both my dad and brother got deathly sick from eating them.
I'm not gonna chance it!
Ed
Kinda like gas station sushi, be careful where you get them from. So far no issues for me with oysters or sushi. No gas station sushi though.

Back