THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mrtodd777

Full Fledged Farker
My wife and I decided to stay home this Memorial day weekend rather than go to my parents place down in Corpus Christi, TX like we always do... We thought it was time for some peaceful, and quiet relaxation. :-D

Started the weekend with a quick crappie catching trip out to Lake Lavon. Caught quite a few within the first couple of hours so I decided to head in early and hit the pool.

Here's a pic of my buddy, Luis with a nice size crappie.

Time to get em cleaned up..

Dropped Luis off, and wifey and I hit the pool for the rest of the day. The tequila was flowing...

Sunday was pool day once again, but I snuck a rack of ribs somewhere in there.. I hardly ever sauce, but MAN these were good..

Monday was a rainy day so we mostly stayed inside, watched movies, listened to some tunes, made more drinks in the Vitamix, and ohh ya I almost forgot, I smoked a brisket.. I didn't get any sliced pics since we were eating fish that night, but dang, she was good. Jiggled just like jello..

And finally a great dinner to finish off a great weekend. Sea bass with fresh roasted veggies and a homemade crème sauce.

This is my happy family after a long weekend of catchin, cookin, and consuming. Thanks for looking yall.

Looks like a great weekend Mrtodd! Dang those crappie are big, nice catch!!

Thanks Jeanie! We have been catching some MONSTERS this summer. Since the lake has been so low there has been very little boat traffic which has definitely helped with size and numbers..

Grate Lookin' Cookups all down the line......just happened to squeak a brisket in there, eh?

Yes sir I did. I tell the wifey that I will just be a few minutes.. I am "playing with my smoker".. If I act like its an all day thing I couldnt get away with it when its "romantic time".... Thats why I love my smoker.. Once the briskie is in, I can leave it for hours.. I can take her out for drinks, to the movies, etc and she is none the wiser.. It works wonderfully.

great pictures that was a good weekend. Slab crappies are so much fun to catch. I've been chasing them now 8 day in a row. 9 more days then the boss says we need to go home for awhile.

Back