Cast Iron Skillet Pizzas...PRON HEAVY!

I can't wait to see how it turns out for you! Are you going to use a thick or thin crust? Also, if you want a nice white sauce instead of tomato sauce let me know and I'll post the recipe I used.

thick crust (bought in the biscuit section in a tube)
commercial red sauce
provalone slices and grated cheese
pepperoni (maybe PP on round 2)
onions, serrano slices and diced tomato

:)
not trying to hijack. I can post here or make a new thread. your call.

Very nice PE! Next time you should try the rustic french loaf (in a tube), I liked the taste and texture of it better than the pizza dough. So, maybe I've started a new grilling trend?:becky:

29.jpg

Your pies looked awesome! I've gotta try the cast iron instead of a stone. You should try one of these for dessert.

Attachments

• 094.jpg
    094.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 65
YUM!!!!! A s'more pizza!
We usually do nutella, peanut butter, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. Left the chips off this one. I dropped the temp. to 350 and baked until the mallows were done.

I was wondering if anyone was going to ask. I used 1 1/2 T butter, 1 1/12 T EVOO, 1 T minced garlic salt/pepper/cayenne to your taste. Saute the garlic for a few minutes then add salt/peppers. I measured 3/4 of a cup of heavy cream (use only what you need) Add some of the cream (1/4 to 1/3 cup) then 1/4 cup fresh grated asiago cheese (or parmesan) and about 1/4 cup blue cheese. Add more heavy cream, turn heat to low, stirring constantly until you get the consistency you want. I always modify the heck out of recipes so that's generally what I did.

I was wondering if anyone was going to ask. I used 1 1/2 T butter, 1 1/12 T EVOO, 1 T minced garlic salt/pepper/cayenne to your taste. Saute the garlic for a few minutes then add salt/peppers. I measured 3/4 of a cup of heavy cream (use only what you need) Add some of the cream (1/4 to 1/3 cup) then 1/4 cup fresh grated asiago cheese (or parmesan) and about 1/4 cup blue cheese. Add more heavy cream, turn heat to low, stirring constantly until you get the consistency you want. I always modify the heck out of recipes so that's generally what I did.

He beat me to the punch, i have been looking for starting point for a good white sauce like that for long time. That just sounds decadent... Thank you

Back