Cast Iron Skillet Pizzas...PRON HEAVY!

Those look great and I have to try this method but sadly I too am sans CI. I guess I'll have to get one this weekend and season it. Thanks for posting.

Those look great and I have to try this method but sadly I too am sans CI. I guess I'll have to get one this weekend and season it. Thanks for posting.

You are gonna love buying cast iron because it's cheap. Most of it is pre-seasoned from the factory now, and to be quite honest, that seasoning they produce is not too bad. I still always re-season mine too but I don't know that its absolutely required.

If you take a big breath, you can actually smell them....(I wish!)

Makes me want to have supper all over again!

:shock:

HOLY SHNIKEYS!!!!

Good lookin pies Red!
Never thought of CI grilled pies......Great idea!!!!:thumb:

Wow dude those look great!

Dude???? In case you haven't noticed, I'm a chick! But glad you liked my pies.:becky: Oh, but maybe you were just coming in on the last of the posts where the hubby, deguerre, is so impressed that he's now posting my oven cook...yeah, the pizzas were that good!

A couple final shots from last nights baconextravaganza:

No flash

slice1.jpg

With flash

slice.jpg

did the bottom burn? (I gotta try this...)

The fire was really hot for the first one and the bottom got a little more done than I wanted but not quite burned. The fire had lost quite a bit of heat for the second one so I didn't have tha problem but still before the top was - well, it was done but not as much as I wanted so I threw it under the broiler for one minute. What I will do different next time is put the CI on something to create an air pocket underneath. Guerry suggested using the 10" CI but I wanted to make two pizzas:icon_blush:. Another thing to consider is that these were pan pizzas and do take longer to cook. So they don't need the super high heat that regular pizzas do. I think to do these to completion on the grill will require a temp of 450 and elevated surface.

Last edited:
These look delicious! I have never thought about doing pizzas like this and we love anything that lets us use our cast iron more.... We are going to have to give this a try!

I have the stuff and will try this for dinner in a UDS at 450F. I will let you know what happens on a new thread. thx

I can't wait to see how it turns out for you! Are you going to use a thick or thin crust? Also, if you want a nice white sauce instead of tomato sauce let me know and I'll post the recipe I used.

Back