THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So that's a completely dry breading on the chicken when it goes on the smoker? I'm beyond impressed with the end-product.

I've tried all the ways for making it as close to "Pan Fried" on the smoker...
dredging in buttermilk then coating, rubbing with mayo then coating, rubbing with oil then coating....but this has worked best for me, open the packet of parts, straight into the breader, straight onto the cooker....the chicken as it cooks exudes more than enough fat to allow an even browning of the breader
providing that an adequate temp is maintained throughout the cook, and the end result is crispy, tasty, bite through skin....MMMMMMMMMM!!!
I've ate four pieces so far....I was gonna cook some collards and pan fry some corn bread to go with it, but I've filled up on chicken.....delightful!!!

Man I don't think that House Autry makes any bad product. I love their fish fry and DEFINITELY my favorite hush puppy mix. Sub water for a cold beer. Uuuummmmm. Guess I got to snatch a couple bass out of the pond and get some mix tomorrow.

Looks like it will cost me around $6 for two 2 lb bags of the House Autry chicken breader.

And if I can get my product looking like yours, the $17 shipping cost may just be worth it!

Getting back to the Carolina BBQ topic, 3 years ago I first visited western North Carolina. On the third day I was here, I was invited to a 'pig pickin'. They had cooked a whole hog in a large smoker on a trailer for about 12 hours.
I was honored to be brought to the smoker to do some of the first pickin'.
Next thing I knew someone passed a mason jar to me.

Now that was a heck of a great introduction to Carolina BBQ at its finest!

JP

Getting back to the Carolina BBQ topic, 3 years ago I first visited western North Carolina. On the third day I was here, I was invited to a 'pig pickin'. They had cooked a whole hog in a large smoker on a trailer for about 12 hours.
I was honored to be brought to the smoker to do some of the first pickin'.
Next thing I knew someone passed a mason jar to me.

Now that was a heck of a great introduction to Carolina BBQ at its finest!

JP

Welcome to N.C. :grin:
(Now you know what the others have been missing.):icon_smile_tongue:

I've been wanting to try "fried" chicken on the smoker for some time now. This looks simple and amazing. We may have a winner here. Great cook, N8! :thumb:

I log on, and this is the thread I go to. I'm logging back off me a few 1800's thighs and leg dreams.
Sleep well.

Just excellent.

My first taste of bbq was at a little Rib Joint up the Road from Atlantic Beach NC. I never looked back. I'll wolf NC Q any day of the week.

Back