Carne Crosta ribeye and salad ninja-son

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
The damn salad was the only thing that turned out right. That's the kind of night it was.

I wanted to try the Oakridge Carne Crosta rub i picked up recently. Ive seen good reviews on it here.

This was a good rub. I failed at getting the sear to make it stand out the way it can. :becky: said it could use more salt. This is something i like about their rubs. Salt is something i can easily add to taste. Id like to add that Oakridge rubs are as cheap if not cheaper than thats at the super mart.

On the menu was a 2 lbs delmonico steak, broccoli, baked potato, and salad ninja-son. We also had a side of macaroni salad and apple pie for dessert.

Recipe for ninja salad

Iceberg lettuce, chopped onion, green and red peppers. Add grapes and shredded cheese then toss in ranch dressing. Finish with garlic croutons.

Setup for reverse sear on the EbiKorn, everything started smoothly....except i forgot to start the taterz.

I somehow missed judge my timing, then undercompensated the sear.

In the meantime still managed to undercook the baked potato, then we accidentally double seasoned the sauted broccoli....did i mention it thunderstormed during this cook?

So in the end this was one of the best overcooked, under seared steak dinners with over seasoned veggies and raw potatoes I've ever had outside of an Outback.

At least the salad was delicious.

You've just inspired me to grill up a ribeye (with Carne Crosta & Santa Maria blend) along with some lovely scalloped potatoes and greens made by momma.

Thanks!

It's all good we all have off days ninja-son...besides Meathead has a good book out you could check out. :becky:

Dang you again, because of your comment I just ordered his book. :becky: Thinking about it anyways, just pushed me over the edge.

Ninja, good looking steak still. Hate it when I don't get a good sear.

Yep, carne crosta really likes the high heat. Also, if I'm doing a reverse sear I sprinkle a little more on before the sear. I get a better crust that way.

Also, shadowdriver just mentioned my favorite combo for burgers on the Blackstone. With some kosher salt of course.:biggrin1:

Steak looks like a 10 to me. I always use a hot cast iron skillet when searing with carne crosta or the grill grates upside down. I find with that rub the more crust the better.

Looks good to me!

If it makes you feel any better you should have seen the grilled cheese sandwich I burned last night. I'll bet the dog won't even touch it!

Steak looks good to me. If anything, I like to apply a heavier coat of Carne Crosta to my steaks. You seemed to go pretty light. And as others said, you have to apply some really high heat at the end for the magic to work.

But the doneness really looks good.

That steak looks pretty good to me. I know I'm the odd man out in here with the Carne Crosta. I bought a big bag of it after all the glowing reviews. I tried it 3 times and just could not get past the grit of the coffee grounds. I gifted it to a Brethren that loves it.

Back