Cancer Sucks! Class

What if the class were a few weeks earlier? Perhaps January 29-30 or Feb 5-6? Scottie indicated that the date could be flexible. I suppose this is gonna be a bit of a communal effort to make it happen! :)

I would be interested. Do we know when the Elk grove Winter Burnoff will be held yet?

What if the class were a few weeks earlier? Perhaps January 29-30 or Feb 5-6? Scottie indicated that the date could be flexible. I suppose this is gonna be a bit of a communal effort to make it happen! :)

Feb 7 would be the date of the Super Bowl
Thats a national holiday for cooks :)

The 30th is the IBS Banquet. But you guys control the date. There will always be a conflict.

DesPlaines? That is usually the end of February...

I would be interested. Do we know when the Elk grove Winter Burnoff will be held yet?

Well, looks like I may have to do some work tonight and see if I can finalize some things. I was only pushing it later in February for planning et al. So I am flexible. I want to be able to go to Havasu at the end of the month, so I can lay claim to my or should I say Thom's FE again!!! :twisted: So I am really thinking 2/12 could even work. As I really wanted to go to the Kookers Kare event on 2/20. So I iwll figure it out...

I can't wait to make the announcement. The "guest" instructor will be exciting... Is that enough of a tease? :cool:

Yeah, i meant Des Plaines! Brain cramp! I guess jet lag is setting in finally :)

i'll looking to take a class. the dates above would work and the fact that the money go's to a good couse is a plus. let me know when this is set.

What a great idea!

I don't even compete but I will spend the money on the class. I will get to sample a lot of Q right? :cool:

I am in. Set the dates as I am open all month at this time. I need to get it on the calender before it fills up.

Thanks and looking forward to it.

Chris

boy am I going to catch hell for this, (but hey its not the first or last time)
I think its too cheap. I think that if you look around at your peers you will find that is the low end the price range. You're a champion teaching an advanced class to a select group of highly skilled people. Take a look around at your peer group teaching similar classes and I think you will find that it is underpriced with one instructor never mind 2 champion instructors.

If you look further at some classes like those @ the Broadmoor or Greenbrier and your class is a cut rate bargain at twice the price

I was basing the price on the class expense over in this area. IQUE class was 200 I think when I went. $500.00 plus travel expenses you are looking at a 2k weekend plus. I know some of the guys out there charge 750-1000. That is a lot of money to see what some show. Plowboy is doing a class for 300 I think??? Butcher and Fast Eddy did a class also, not sure what they charged but that was under 500 I believe?

Making it a fund raiser for cancer research in the Chicago area makes it worth it. My mother died in chicago at the Diamond clinic where she use to go every other month for testing.

Back