Can I cook pizza on a Gasser?

Alfredo chicken pizza. It was a dough purchased from a local bakery here in Creston. The touchy part was placing the pizza into the hot frying pan as I had pre-heated it on the grill. With the help of the wife, we slid it off the peel and into the pan. The dough was bigger than the frying pan hence the reason for the lumpy dough around the edge.

I have since purchased a CI pizza pan but I have only used in the oven so far.

Shrimp Pesto Pizza.

Shrimp-pesto-pizza-2.jpg

That looks really good. The one thing I don't like about this site is the never-ending food/cooking ideas I would like to try. I love the CI pizza pan, but chuckled to myself imagining a John Wayne western movie, where the ranch hands gather around the camp fire expecting to see beans or stew in a skillet, but see your pizza instead. Or maybe quiche.

Avalanche / Lightning turning out to be a fantastic finish to the season.

Watching all the good pizza cooks here, why not?

I can hit about 750*F and I thought if I get a pizza stone, game on!

I don't know how to cook but my Wife LuzziAnn does. Figured we would get some of that Chef Boyardee doe mix.

What say the Brethren?

Ive done it when i needed extra capacity to make pies for a large group. Only caution i cracked a stone by having it right on the burners, it was a thinner stone than my wood oven so maybe that was the issue but just a thought.

Back