Buying Kingsford today

Jeff_in_KC said:
No lump in your cookers, huh Jay? Whew! Glad I saw that post before I wernt out and bought a chit load of it!

Jeff

I have used Jay’s med cookers for about a year now. I have had success using the lump for short burns. I use it on Chicken as it is less predictable than the processed coal but gets the cooker hotter faster. I have used the new Kingsford now for the last few days cooking ribs and the new stuff seems to burn a little bit faster & hotter than the old stuff. One of my cookers has a custom maze built in the firebox that I have set up and I know times and temps with out looking and I noticed I was off with the new stuff. I used the Dura-flame for a few cooks and I saw no big advantage to the Kingsford and the Dura-flame produced more smoke. My fire grate was full of rocks after I used it. I like to introduce my own smoke in the form of wood chunks.
Welcome to the SpiceBox family you will be amazed how predictable your cooker will be cook after cook.

bruno said:
A previous discussion mentioned that Kingsford's original would still be available. Here is a company press release:

http://www.shareholder.com/clx/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=184591

Here's a cut and paste from said press release:

New Kingsford with Sure Fire Grooves will replace existing briquets across the Kingsford product line, from the original blue bag to all-in-one Matchlight Charcoal. Comparatively Kingsford's Sure Fire briquets deliver:

Kingsford's response to my email...

Reference Number: 4318127

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for contacting us about Kingsford Regular Charcoal. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

We are coming out with a new formula, however, the Kingsford Original will still be the same. The Kingsford Original will still be available.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Brandon Goodman

Consumer Response Representative

Consumer Services

Ummmm.....looks like ol' Brandon lied to me........

smokincracker said:
Jeff_in_KC said:
No lump in your cookers, huh Jay? Whew! Glad I saw that post before I wernt out and bought a chit load of it!

Jeff

I have used Jay’s med cookers for about a year now. I have had success using the lump for short burns. I use it on Chicken as it is less predictable than the processed coal but gets the cooker hotter faster. I have used the new Kingsford now for the last few days cooking ribs and the new stuff seems to burn a little bit faster & hotter than the old stuff. One of my cookers has a custom maze built in the firebox that I have set up and I know times and temps with out looking and I noticed I was off with the new stuff. I used the Dura-flame for a few cooks and I saw no big advantage to the Kingsford and the Dura-flame produced more smoke. My fire grate was full of rocks after I used it. I like to introduce my own smoke in the form of wood chunks.
Welcome to the SpiceBox family you will be amazed how predictable your cooker will be cook after cook.

Jeff, I own a custom Spicewine trailer smoker and a Spicewine med size smoker. Both smokers cook exactly the same. I use mostly Kingsford and add chunks and logs for smoke.I have used lump and love it but it does burn up quicker.Smokin' Cracker is correct
Congratulations Spicewine brother

Back